Winter Tyres In Germany

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by doesitmatter, Aug 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( Can any experts here help please.

It is soon to become law in Germany that we all fit winter tyres to our vehicles. In Bavaria an extra allowance is given to compensate soldiers posted there. Will this now apply to the rest of Germany and will the RMP / BFG etc be checking us all to ensure we comply. If so then when please as I dont fancy a huge bill just before christmas!

Cheers guys, not sure if this is the right forum for this.

2. I`ve just checked out the German ADAC site and its not mandatory...The Germans all start harping on about "Winterreifen" once the Temperature drops below +7°C ...however, if you are involved in an accident they could appropriate 50% blame- and fine you for contributing to the accident - Me...I use all weather tyres the whole year round-

Google "Britboard" - forum for Expats in Germany - lots of experts there

3. From 1st October 2006 it is compulsory to have winter or all weather tyres. Check your local RMP for details...

4. Oh no it isn't!

The Force Master Driver will be releasing a policy note on the matter, it is ADVISED to use them not mandatory, however, if involved in a trafic accident without them then a large proportion of blame can be put onto you.

signed: Your local RMP :)

5. Thanks for the update, my local RMP (Gutersloh) appear to be full of the smelly brown stuff. I've seen it published on Regimental Orders as well. I'll hold off buying for now...

6. No problems, always there to help. I am sure Michelin WISH it WAS enforced they would make a mint!

7. Do what LIMA does.