Winter. Season of frigid hellishness.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by auscam, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'When did you last see your shed?' (apologies to W.F. Yeames)

Road closures, salt rationing, government impotence; what delights has this winter brought you?
  2. Sitting in Deutschland drinking Gluhwein and driving to work on my winter tyres whilst listening to the bleating of all the poor sods in Uk who haven't the sense to buy a set. Did we grind to a halt here? Did we run out of grit? Did a squaddie I know get fined E175 for driving on summer tyres and having a TA? No, No and yes in that order.

So to answer your question, winter brought me a warm smug feeling!!
  3. Oddly enough I was thinking of a cold, miserable UK winter at luchtime as an ejaculation delaying tactic after lunch when LBFM was sucking me nob. All I can say is, chins up and stag on chaps. (fu ck you I'm all right Jack, smiley).
  4. If it's any consolation to those with icicles in their nostrils, the grass isn't greener here; it's been incinerated by bushfires on submerged by floodwater. Situation normal, really. :roll:

Want to swap? It's lovely here in Brisbane. Fair dinkum!
  5. I have just turned my shed into a deep freeze
  6. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Ive had to buy a shed, just to store the shovel, spade salt and other snow assocaited crap in ;o(
  7. Warm as Toast in mine the extra couple of inches of insulation on the roof is keeping the heat in, my little 1kw leccy heater is working well. I can sit in their with my 100w lights and soldering iron on and can forget about wintry hell.

When I say warm as toast in Mine, I don't mean I have a mine, I am talking about my wooden Outdoor structure, which I am waiting to shed its snowy roof. (see what I did there)
  8. When is the freeze looking to thaw, according to the MET Office? Didn't they predict a 'mild' winter? Oh well, we'll have to just wait for a high pressure front to come in and take the ice away.
  9. Jeez Auscam - you get about a bit don't you? One day you're telling us about highly poisonous flying jellyfish trying to kill you down under and the next you're freezing to death in dear old Blighty. Surely you must have a TARDIS to get around in? Or maybe you've perfected transporter technology?

I'm having trouble keeping up with it all. Nothing new there, mind.
  10. They also said it would be a Barbie summer, if you didnt mind standing in a few feet of water
  11. Thought this was a thread about my wife
  12. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Isnt that year round, rather than seasonal? :D
  13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It was a Barbie summer. My granddaughter had her birthday in summer and got two Barbies. And some Polly Pockets.
  14. Sorry miss spelling, should have said "Barber" as I did not take mine off all summer
  15. Beat me to it, :wink: thought it was only me waiting for the thaw.