Winter order of dress.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by toffeeman, Sep 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When does this usually come in?

Been freezing my ******* balls off on the drill square.

Cheers

2. Then your not working hard enough. Why don't you tell your instructor you are cold, I am sure they will be able to get you warmed up.

3. 1st October

4. And how does rolling down your sleeves warm your balls?

5. 08:00. And not a minute before. :wink:

6. Puttees - Do you remember Ben B******. reaction to anyone being cold on parade. 5 mins of hand and foot warming exercise.

A propos the great man, Clives SimpleSox popped his clogs earlier this year, probably the last man to be held in chains in the British Army. Do you remember Spearpoint 76 when we got back into Allanbrooke Bks, only to have our flight home delayed by two days. Clive came back from Paderborn fighting drunk and offering to take on anyone, the guard summoned CSM B***** who then chained Clive to a radiator. The RSM of the Regular Bn had kittens when he found Simplesox in chains the next morning. When Clive came too, he apologised for his behaviour and thanked the CSM for keeping out of trouble.

7. is it not 1800 on the llast day of sep :wink: :wink: flag down sleeves down :D

8. Isn't it at 1800 every day?

9. think our winter order might come in when the CO comes out of his office and sees that its cold

10. 18.6 Celsius here in Sunny Germany. Short sleeves all round!

11. First Monday in October for us. Would rather stay in short sleeves with the way the weather's been in the sunny Midlands the last few days...

12. I think, officially, it is meant to be 01 Oct to 01 Apr, but that changes from unit to unit. We are going into long sleeves as of this Monday. We never went into short sleeves until sometime in May. So basically it’s like S_K_B said and it’s when the CO comes out of his office and realises that it’s cold.

13. Tch!

I know you all know this, but...

08:00 - 18:00 is daytime order and varies between winter and summer.
    18:00 - 08:00 is evening order and is constant throughout the year.

08:00 - 18:00 from 1 May to 30 September, sleeves are up because hairy forearms look butch.
    08:00 - 18:00 from 1 October to 30 April, sleeves are down because hairy forearms with goosebumps don't look butch.
    18:00 - 08:00 every day is sleeves down to foil the mozzies. Because mozzie-bitten forearms also don't look butch.

See, it's all about presenting a macho image to the public.

Now let's move the discussion into the concept that CS95 is adaptable to suit the individual....

14. I don't think it makes any difference to an officer! They normally shunt dress regs. So winter order means fcuk all to them.

I think it's a bit worthless now having a specific summer/winter order as rolling down your sleves is hardly going to raise that core temprature in the December snow . And wearing a combat jacket (or god forbid a goretex jacket) is just not on. RSMs and their bum boys seem to like it though :roll:

15. Join the RAF, we are considered grown up enough to decide for ourselves what to wear. We can wear a wooly pully in the summer or a short sleeved shirt in the winter if we want....it's great!