WINTER OLYMPICS

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Dubb_al_Ibn, Feb 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me or do I get the feeling nobody is really bothered about the Winter Olympics ? My TV is broken at the moment and very little is being reported on other media.

I'm usually interested in all sorts of sport but don't feel as if I'm missing out at all on this one.

However, Mrs Dubb suggested a Biathlon Pursuit where you chase the opposing team around a cross-country circuit and when you're within 30m of the opposition you can elect to shoot at them. Might make it a bit more interesting.

2. You think the media should be reporting your broken TV? Or you think the world has stopped because your TV is broken?

3. I mean I don't know what the coverage is like on TV because mine's buggered at the moment but there's very little else on other media......but, I get the feeling that there's little interest, generally.

4. It's certainly getting plenty of air time, although I agree that the papers do not seem to be giving many pages to its coverage. Men's downhill was cracking, but the weather is not being helpful which may push it off the pages a bit.
    My only gripe about the winter Olympics is having Clare Balding presenting it. Knows nothing about the sports she is covering and talks over those she is interviewing.

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Wait until the men's ice hockey starts. Pretty much every country has a great crop of NHL players in their squad and the Canadians are desperate to win.

Fights, body-checks, goals, power-plays. What's not to love?

6. Well, that sounds a bit more interesting than Ice Dancing !

7. I love the winter olympics, and can't stand the summer version. That said, curling and skating are pretty tedious.

But I have to agree that the Balding woman is hog-whimperingly shite. But I bet she's laughing that pug face of hers all the way to the bank.

8. 2nd that, Baldin' makes me want to vom. Sadly not enough coverage of the moguls in my opinion, but yes the downhill was worth waiting for, shame we haven't had any decent male downhillers for a while.

9. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Baldings bad enough when its horse racing, let alone a proper sport

10. Is there beach volleyball?

11. No but there are Lycra clad women and combined with imagination....

12. There has been plenty on Eurosport via Sky. But a working TV always helps.

13. The snowboard cross & the short course speed skating have been ok.

14. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Did you see the massive camel toes on the female (shemale) Luger's? I bet they whistle as the accelerate round at 80!!

15. I doubt that there'll be any fights at all, Sixty, more's the shame.

Hopefully the men's hockey will be better than the unholy farce that women's hockey has been so far. Canada defeated Slovakia 18-0, and just to give you an idea of the dearth of talent there is, Slovakia's womens team defeated the Bulgarian team 82-0 in the round-robin for spots on the Olympic roster.