WINTER OLYMPICS

#1
Is it just me or do I get the feeling nobody is really bothered about the Winter Olympics ? My TV is broken at the moment and very little is being reported on other media.

I'm usually interested in all sorts of sport but don't feel as if I'm missing out at all on this one.

However, Mrs Dubb suggested a Biathlon Pursuit where you chase the opposing team around a cross-country circuit and when you're within 30m of the opposition you can elect to shoot at them. Might make it a bit more interesting.
 
#2
Dubb_al_Ibn said:
Is it just me or do I get the feeling nobody is really bothered about the Winter Olympics ? My TV is broken at the moment and very little is being reported on other media.
You think the media should be reporting your broken TV? Or you think the world has stopped because your TV is broken?
 
#3
I mean I don't know what the coverage is like on TV because mine's buggered at the moment but there's very little else on other media......but, I get the feeling that there's little interest, generally.
 
#4
Dubb_al_Ibn said:
Is it just me or do I get the feeling nobody is really bothered about the Winter Olympics ? My TV is broken at the moment and very little is being reported on other media.

I'm usually interested in all sorts of sport but don't feel as if I'm missing out at all on this one.

However, Mrs Dubb suggested a Biathlon Pursuit where you chase the opposing team around a cross-country circuit and when you're within 30m of the opposition you can elect to shoot at them. Might make it a bit more interesting.
It's certainly getting plenty of air time, although I agree that the papers do not seem to be giving many pages to its coverage. Men's downhill was cracking, but the weather is not being helpful which may push it off the pages a bit.
My only gripe about the winter Olympics is having Clare Balding presenting it. Knows nothing about the sports she is covering and talks over those she is interviewing.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#5
Dubb_al_Ibn said:
Is it just me or do I get the feeling nobody is really bothered about the Winter Olympics ? My TV is broken at the moment and very little is being reported on other media.

I'm usually interested in all sorts of sport but don't feel as if I'm missing out at all on this one.

However, Mrs Dubb suggested a Biathlon Pursuit where you chase the opposing team around a cross-country circuit and when you're within 30m of the opposition you can elect to shoot at them. Might make it a bit more interesting.
Wait until the men's ice hockey starts. Pretty much every country has a great crop of NHL players in their squad and the Canadians are desperate to win.

Fights, body-checks, goals, power-plays. What's not to love?
 
#7
I love the winter olympics, and can't stand the summer version. That said, curling and skating are pretty tedious.

But I have to agree that the Balding woman is hog-whimperingly shite. But I bet she's laughing that pug face of hers all the way to the bank.
 
#8
2nd that, Baldin' makes me want to vom. Sadly not enough coverage of the moguls in my opinion, but yes the downhill was worth waiting for, shame we haven't had any decent male downhillers for a while.
 

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
#9
headgash said:
2nd that, Baldin' makes me want to vom. Sadly not enough coverage of the moguls in my opinion, but yes the downhill was worth waiting for, shame we haven't had any decent male downhillers for a while.
Baldings bad enough when its horse racing, let alone a proper sport
 
#12
There has been plenty on Eurosport via Sky. But a working TV always helps.
 

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
#14
Did you see the massive camel toes on the female (shemale) Luger's? I bet they whistle as the accelerate round at 80!!
 
#15
Sixty said:
Wait until the men's ice hockey starts. Pretty much every country has a great crop of NHL players in their squad and the Canadians are desperate to win.

Fights, body-checks, goals, power-plays. What's not to love?
I doubt that there'll be any fights at all, Sixty, more's the shame.

Hopefully the men's hockey will be better than the unholy farce that women's hockey has been so far. Canada defeated Slovakia 18-0, and just to give you an idea of the dearth of talent there is, Slovakia's womens team defeated the Bulgarian team 82-0 in the round-robin for spots on the Olympic roster.
 

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
#16
Chaos reigns in the Winter Olympics after the death in the luge. The Irish Bobsleigh team are refusing to compete until the course has been gritted 8)

PS, right now Chemmy Allcott in the women's downhill.
 
#17
They should feck balding off and let Graham Bell and Ed Leigh do it all, they know what their talking about and won't embarass theirselves like that pug faced, fat, man like whore. Or at least a bird that is pleasing to the eye so there would be some interest in watching the curling.



edited for being a mong
 
#20
Gun_Brickie said:
Sixty said:
Wait until the men's ice hockey starts. Pretty much every country has a great crop of NHL players in their squad and the Canadians are desperate to win.

Fights, body-checks, goals, power-plays. What's not to love?
I doubt that there'll be any fights at all, Sixty, more's the shame.

Hopefully the men's hockey will be better than the unholy farce that women's hockey has been so far. Canada defeated Slovakia 18-0, and just to give you an idea of the dearth of talent there is, Slovakia's womens team defeated the Bulgarian team 82-0 in the round-robin for spots on the Olympic roster.

Well, the mens hockey ´kicked off´with Usa doing the Swiss over, one way traffic all the way. czecks did the Slovaks, which is always a good game, Finland took on the muscley Belarussia and did them over 5 to 1, and the Swedes had a hard fought game over the Krauts.
So things are going swimmingly in he hockey.
After the hockey, the snowboard cross has got to be one of the most watchable sports going, it's amazing how much developement has gone into snowboarding since its inception less than 30 years ago.
 

Similar threads

Top