Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Couldn't find a suitable thread so mods plse re-allocate if you see fit.

Private Eye used to have a little section called ' Colemanballs' after the late David Coleman.

Classic on BBC News today from the aptly named Andy Swiss

'Britain has not traditionally been a winter sports nation....'

Say what ?

Henry Lunn, who encouraged the building of the funicular and almost singlehandedly created the winter sports industry in Mürren, and his son Arnold, who wrote the rules for downhill skiing, staged the first slalom in 1922 and the first world championships in 1931 (both held in Mürren), and in 1936 persuaded the Olympics to accept downhill skiing in the face of vigorous opposition from the Scandinavians, who favoured cross-country skiing and ski-jumping.

"Without the British we would still be a Alpine farming village," says Anna-Marie Goetschi, who is organising the celebrations. It will be an Anglo-Swiss event. Bernard Lunn, grandson of Arnold and son of Peter Lunn, who captained the British Olympic team at the 1936 Winter Olympics, will be there, suitably dressed in Edwardian gear.
as I believe I may have mentioned before - girls with guns...in lycra...what is not to like ? :)

That would explain the pink furniture on the rifle. :p

Hello Kitty Pink.jpg

S

syledis

Couldn't find a suitable thread so mods plse re-allocate if you see fit.

Private Eye used to have a little section called ' Colemanballs' after the late David Coleman.

Classic on BBC News today from the aptly named Andy Swiss

'Britain has not traditionally been a winter sports nation....'

Say what ?

as I believe I may have mentioned before - girls with guns...in lycra...what is not to like ? :)

Just needs a camel toe to make it perfect.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Is that the bint who's horrified to find out that she actually has to go back to do her day job due to funding cuts?

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
i will watch the ice hockey and also if the slalom is on i will watch that as well but everything else is just a rich kids hobby it means another day of not finding a job while spending daddys money that is advertised as SPORT imo and i wouldn't be surprised if vlad the insaner tries to out do the queens entance by parachuting in himself.....

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
watch the fireworks and the curling can be quite exiting although I shan't be pushing to watch it, otherwise unless we've got a world class jumping plasterer I can't say I'm bothered.

is anyone runnning a pool on how many russian builders get suicided? they haven't even got enough pillows for one each.

Ooooh apparently TATU are perfoming - allways wondered what happened to them - must be getting on a bit. I wonder if the singing grandmas will be on.

Last edited:
Some of the old n bold would still prefer this...... But yup, can't knock a bit of Lycra and weaponry on a Fem-bot!

Well informed as usual grumblegrunt! We have some world class snowboarders already thru to the finals and some other realistic medal hopes in skier slopestyle and skeleton. Or are they a bit too cool for you?

SLR biathlon, Officer ready to shoot, Marine stood in front blocking his shot, says slowly

"please remove muzzle cover sir"

Gerrout the way ill fire through it

" please remove muzzle cover sir"

Arrggghhhheeeeeee

Marine raised hand to call for warden

Added about 5 minutes and shot shit because he wanted to save 2 secs removing it, the biff

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Just seen that Afghan slimeball Karzai in the audience at the opening ceremony.

Adrian Chiles just claimed the Germans had turned up in Russia in their worst outfits ever

Was he including Stalingrad in that?

Last edited:
Adrian Chiles just claimed the Germans had turned up in Russia in their worst outfits ever

Was he including Stalingrad in that?
Coming from that fat f***ing O2 thief?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I'm just waiting for the downhill events so I can watch them blow out........:)

sad I know but I give them marks out of 10 for being useless........

oh dear.... how long's the cattle truck train trip from Sochi to those Siberian gulags again? The artistic creator of the Olympic symbol will be waving goodbye to his family for a wee while.... If the lace doily thing on the right hand side was green he could at least claim it was a sinister plot by by that nasty BRITISH Petroleum lot again....

Last edited:
I've no idea why the organisers drafted in 30,000 police and interior ministry troops for this shindig. 3 squadron loads of Olga and her ilk would have sorted security for less than a couple of hundred roubles....