Winter Olympics 2018

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Scotland (sorry, Team GB!) just lost the bronze medal match against Japan. Strangely compelling stuff, but I could do without the emoting at the end, led by the high priestess, Clare Balding.
Hence why I watched it on Eurosport then turned over immediately for Ire v Wales.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scotland :smile: (sorry, Team GB!) just lost the bronze medal match against Japan. Strangely compelling stuff, but I could do without the emoting at the end, led by the high priestess, Clare Balding.
I was never bothered about curling before but as you say it has been strangely compelling. Going for a 2 at the end was a gamble too far. The stakes were too high and the stats in various matches showed a lack of accuracy to pull it off. However, it was a team decision as far as I'm aware. Good to see Lauren Gray play this year. She played very well indeed throughout the games and seems steady and focused. I'm wondering if she might have the tactics and leadership skills for 2022.

Scotland :smile: (sorry, Team GB!) just lost the bronze medal match against Japan. Strangely compelling stuff, but I could do without the emoting at the end, led by the high priestess, Clare Balding.
Clare f**king Balding, tedious lesbian. The only thing that surprises me is how she has failed to muscle her way into football, rugby and cricket as the main presenter/pundit, the BBC seem to think she is the font of all knowledge on every other sport on the planet.

Did I mention I despise her?

Clare f**king Balding, tedious lesbian. The only thing that surprises me is how she has failed to muscle her way into football, rugby and cricket as the main presenter/pundit, the BBC seem to think she is the font of all knowledge on every other sport on the planet.

Did I mention I despise her?
We'd never have guessed

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Watching these "wee small hours TV" paralympic blind skiers - they've got some balls! Flying down the hill with someone in front of you yelling 'left a bit, right a bit'.......

Last edited:
Disabled curling was interesting to watch and GB were doing okayish initially but a few shots were either too heavy or too light which ultimately lost the game. Korea were very accurate, if a little heavy handed at times and won that game.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was watching the wheelchair curling final earlier, after 8 ends it was a draw, so had to go to a decider, the unfortunate thing was the commentator referred to it as "playing an extra leg"!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
droopy-moostache The NAAFI Bar 32
Goatman Sports, Adventure Training and Events 63
re-stilly The NAAFI Bar 4