Winter Olympics 2018

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Loose Women - great comparison. No wonder the BBC Olympic coverage has been a turn off for many. With the exception of Hazel Irving, the rest of the smug, cliched, childish bunch needs a severe culling. Awful doesn’t come close.
TBH, they should have Irvine anchoring the programme instead of "I'm a Jack/Jacqueline of all things sport" Balding. Chemmy Allcott knows her stuff on the snow, Sarah Lindsay has been a speed skater and knows her stuff, the tea tray rider, Coomber, also knows her stuff, the only one who seems to know the square root of fuck-all is Balding.

Last edited:
Tsk, Tsk...JACK of all things ..you will have enraged the feministas now. How dare you demean a woman in such a mysignostic way...to the Camp with you sir to be re-programmed.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tsk, Tsk...JACK of all things ..you will have enraged the feministas now. How dare you demean a woman in such a mysignostic way...to the Camp with you sir to be re-programmed.
See edit, happy now?

TBH, they should have Irvine anchoring the programme instead of "I'm a Jack/Jacqueline of all things sport" Balding. Chemmy Allcott knows her stuff on the snow, Sarah Lindsay has been a speed skater and knows her stuff, the tea tray rider, Coomber, also knows her stuff, the only one who seems to know the square root of fuck-all is Balding.
They may know their stuff on their respective sports (and respect to them for that), but the 'banter' and 'filler' leaves a lot to be desired. Even the so called highlights show is chocked with verbal diarrhoea. Totally agree about what value Balding 'adds' to the proceedings.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They may know their stuff on their respective sports (and respect to them for that), but the 'banter' and 'filler' leaves a lot to be desired. Even the so called highlights show is chocked with verbal diarrhoea. Totally agree about what value Balding 'adds' to the proceedings.
True enough about the banter and filler. Chemmy Allcott has proved popular with the viewers though, she took a day off last week and apparently, Twitter was awash with "Where's Chemmy" tweets, probably because all they had otherwise was Balding!

Twitter was awash with "Where's Chemmy" tweets!
The Prosecution rests its case M’lud!
Says it all about the target audience! :smile:

Indeed. They remind me of a bunch of posh hookers.
Perfect description along with the comparison to loose women. Yakety yak with bog all content.

Balding is overrated. She was good with the horses but even then had some bad moments. I remember a programme on HM's gee-gees. The fawning was toe curling in itself but the presentation was worse. It was fine if you've been around horses but way out of reach for anybody who maybe hoped to learn something.

Have they introduced naked ice skating? Always nice watching half-naked fit tottie moving like a well oiled lap dancer. Or in the case of the French lass, nearly topless. Silence in the arena as every man wished that gravity would take its natural course and reveal all.

The Prosecution rests its case M’lud!
Says it all about the target audience! :smile:
Not surprising really, there's 20 of them watching for every crusty old fart, so why should they target the dinosaur generation, who will find fault regardless of what they do.

Not surprising really, there's 20 of them watching for every crusty old fart, so why should they target the dinosaur generation, who will find fault regardless of what they do.
Ouch! :smile:

Occasionally watch the biathlon and other appropriate events on Eurosport's Portuguese transmission. Good commentary, no Claire Balding and none of the BBC's MGB GT+ (WTF!) 'community' virtue signalling.

OZ

Anyone explained why

1. Curling is a 'sport'?
2. There are male and female teams for curling?

Curling is a pile of ****, in short.
I’m just watching GB v Switzerland in the female event. Strangely compelling - I was on my way out of the house half an hour ago, but have delayed that to see how the match pans out. Some very easy on the eye competitors on both sides too, which helps!

Wardrobe malfunction in the skating this morning. Gabriella Papadakis of France.

papadakis.png

The IOC seem to be in overdrive getting videos of this removed from the Internet.

The videos on youtube are removed for "copyright infringement".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
droopy-moostache The NAAFI Bar 32
Goatman Sports, Adventure Training and Events 63
re-stilly The NAAFI Bar 4