Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Fuel Payment (WFP)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thank you @AlienFTM this important information that should be highlighted to all ex service personnel who would normally qualify and who should now check whether they have been paid their WFP.
Plus perhaps a kind mod or the COs could pass the information to Rum ration and Pprune?
Worth pointing out that the info needs to be extracted from the Facebook post because it's not generally visible. As a mainframe man working on a Fire OS tablet, I'm a Facebook biff and can't copy the information.

Worth pointing out that the info needs to be extracted from the Facebook post because it's not generally visible. As a mainframe man working on a Fire OS tablet, I'm a Facebook biff and can't copy the information.
Ladies and Gentlemen All,

You may or may not be aware of issues regarding the Winter Fuel Payment for veterans of all services. HMRC have had a new system installed and, as is the way with such things, they are having teething troubles.

The crux of the matter is that most veterans have been considered NOT to be in the UK, and, therefore, have not been paid the WFP, despite having had it paid previously.

You may, therefore, want to check that payment has, if expected, actually been received. If not, it can be resolved with a phone call to the WFP line, the resolution being much faster than getting hold of someone. The number is: 0800 731 0160.
You may also wish to pass this on to friends/relatives who are ex-military.

I got my WFP through weeks ago. £200 straight into the bank.

I didn't even know I was entitled to it so the DWP must be on the ball in certain areas.

Makes me question whether I am entitled to any other benefits now I am retired.

I got my WFP through weeks ago. £200 straight into the bank.

I didn't even know I was entitled to it so the DWP must be on the ball in certain areas.

Makes me question whether I am entitled to any other benefits now I am retired.
I don’t think new claimants had a problem it was only repeat claims that seem to get messed up.

oldbaldy

LE
Reply from DWP via my MP:

I can confirm that we are aware that Mr and Old Baldy share the property at XXXXXXXX However due to an issue with the computer system this year a payment of £200 was made to Mrs OB rather than them both receiving £100.
I can also confirm that Mr OB is correct and there have been some issues with customers in receipt of War Pensions this year. Some of the bank details for a small number of War Pension customers were out of date and not compatible with other bank details held by DWP. Alongside this some addresses were showing the customer as not being eligible for a winter fuel payment and both issues have resulted in payments being delayed or not made. Once we became aware of the problems we took steps to resolve the situation and the computer system was updated recently to correct these issues.
I would be grateful if you could pass on my apologies to Mr and Mrs OB for the inconvenience caused and re-assure them action has been taken to ensure that in future they should both receive a payment of £100. In addition we have resolved the War Pensions issues to ensure payments will be made to those entitled.

Latest Threads