Winston Churchill dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's interesting dear...pass the marmalade.

2. Sorry, it's all in the shed.

3. He won't get the send off his Grandad got.

4. Again?

5. What a terrible loss for daytime TV insurance firm advertisers. Where will they turn to now?

6. Knew a old boy who was one of the bearer party for WS in 1965. He maintained that most of the party were physically ball-bagged permanently after carting that bleddy casket around all day.

7. No, not in the same class as his grandfather, but a decent enough sort of chap, I believe.

8. And there I was thinking the dear old boy had been resurrected to sort the country out and I hadn't noticed for the past few years.

9. I can believe that. The bearer party were all awarded BEMs and they certainly deserved them- for starters, the coffin was lead-lined, the steps of St Pauls were a definite trip hazard, let alone negotiating the Thames craft and Bladon churchyard!

10. Robbing twat got IIRC £12.5m quid from selling his Grandfathers letters privately that just happened to be official, therefore Goverment, therefore public in the first place. :x

11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Glib assumption that the papers were 'official'. If they were Govt property the Govt could have had them back for nothing (as it can ask to have back the Mills bomb on your mantelpiece).. So they must have been private property & WSC II's to sell.

12. Nice to see the BBC spent more space on their web-page discussing the "scandal" of selling his family's propoerty then discussing his many years as an MP, where by all accounts he was a sound representative of his constituency and not necessarily a Party yes man.

RIP and thanks for standing up for the Armed Forces - your Gand-dad would have been proud!

13. Because you wouldn't have done the same given that opportunity. I bet you vote Labour you jealous cunt.

14. My parents knew him a bit back a few years ago. he was a sound bloke funny as Fcuk. a sad loss