Winston Churchill dead

That's interesting dear...pass the marmalade.

Knew a old boy who was one of the bearer party for WS in 1965. He maintained that most of the party were physically ball-bagged permanently after carting that bleddy casket around all day.

And there I was thinking the dear old boy had been resurrected to sort the country out and I hadn't noticed for the past few years.

Baseplate said:
Knew a old boy who was one of the bearer party for WS in 1965. He maintained that most of the party were physically ball-bagged permanently after carting that bleddy casket around all day.
I can believe that. The bearer party were all awarded BEMs and they certainly deserved them- for starters, the coffin was lead-lined, the steps of St Pauls were a definite trip hazard, let alone negotiating the Thames craft and Bladon churchyard!

Robbing twat got IIRC £12.5m quid from selling his Grandfathers letters privately that just happened to be official, therefore Goverment, therefore public in the first place. :x

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Glib assumption that the papers were 'official'. If they were Govt property the Govt could have had them back for nothing (as it can ask to have back the Mills bomb on your mantelpiece).. So they must have been private property & WSC II's to sell.

Nice to see the BBC spent more space on their web-page discussing the "scandal" of selling his family's propoerty then discussing his many years as an MP, where by all accounts he was a sound representative of his constituency and not necessarily a Party yes man.

RIP and thanks for standing up for the Armed Forces - your Gand-dad would have been proud!

Fat_Cav said:
Robbing twat got IIRC £12.5m quid from selling his Grandfathers letters privately that just happened to be official, therefore Goverment, therefore public in the first place. :x
Because you wouldn't have done the same given that opportunity. I bet you vote Labour you jealous cunt.

Pity he was also a crank neocon. I remember him popping up on Fox News during the Iraq war remarking how proud his granddad would have been of the whole enterprise...a questionable assertion to say the least.

According to the Torygraph obituary he was the only MP who refused to use his first name when voting in the Commons...another one who only got anywhere in life due to his name.

Taz_786 said:
Pity he was also a crank neocon. I remember him popping up on Fox News during the Iraq war remarking how proud his granddad would have been of the whole enterprise...a questionable assertion to say the least.

According to the Torygraph obituary he was the only MP who refused to use his first name when voting in the Commons...another one who only got anywhere in life due to his name.
The same Winston Chruchill that invaded Persia for its oil and gas and was the arch-imperialist? :?

'Robbing twat got IIRC £12.5m quid from selling his Grandfathers letters privately that just happened to be official, therefore Goverment, therefore public in the first place.'

The money came out of the Lottery fund so one assumes they are available somewhere for public perusal.