WinPC Antivirus

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by scotlass, May 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any of you PC geeky types know how to remove this nightmare? Its driving me insane, it seems to have leeched itself onto my laptop and i cant get rid of it. I cant do a system reset as it seems to be blocking it and i cant find it in programs to even remove it. Your help would be much appreciated.
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Using AVG on windows xp home edition.
  4. msr

msr LE

Another reason not to recommend it anymore...

Let us know how you get on with MalwareBytes
  5. Cant even get mbam to load at the moment. grrrrrrr
  6. As an aside, anyone used Kerio personal Firewall and Threatfire?
    Have them running here, and they seem to fit well on my Laptop config.
    Threatfire is "malware protection" and "behaviour" based . It's already trapped a dodgy IE 7.0 add-on and uninstalled it.
  7. Certainly plenty of sites to choose from for help in removing it if you Google it. First time I have heard of it, can you tell us how you got it in the first place, please? Was it attached to some application?

8. No idea where it came from it just appeared when i logged on. Wont let me download the site MSR suggested so im trying peretologic at the moment.
  9. msr

msr LE

10. do you have admin rights? can you look under start/settings/control panel/program and features and see if the program is there?
  11. NOD 32 hasnt found it, and i cant install or uninstall!
  12. Nope that doesnt work either...its still there!!
  13. msr

msr LE

14. Are you in a situation where you can do a re-install, if so wipe the flipper and start again. Safest :) Take care.

edit: what MSR said. Not checked it out but he's never far wrong :)