WinPC Antivirus

Any of you PC geeky types know how to remove this nightmare? Its driving me insane, it seems to have leeched itself onto my laptop and i cant get rid of it. I cant do a system reset as it seems to be blocking it and i cant find it in programs to even remove it. Your help would be much appreciated.

Another reason not to recommend it anymore...

Let us know how you get on with MalwareBytes

T

Tremaine

As an aside, anyone used Kerio personal Firewall and Threatfire?
Have them running here, and they seem to fit well on my Laptop config.
Threatfire is "malware protection" and "behaviour" based . It's already trapped a dodgy IE 7.0 add-on and uninstalled it.

scotlass said:
Any of you PC geeky types know how to remove this nightmare? Its driving me insane, it seems to have leeched itself onto my laptop and i cant get rid of it. I cant do a system reset as it seems to be blocking it and i cant find it in programs to even remove it. Your help would be much appreciated.
Certainly plenty of sites to choose from for help in removing it if you Google it. First time I have heard of it, can you tell us how you got it in the first place, please? Was it attached to some application?

Jim

No idea where it came from it just appeared when i logged on. Wont let me download the site MSR suggested so im trying peretologic at the moment.

Are you in a situation where you can do a re-install, if so wipe the flipper and start again. Safest :) Take care.

edit: what MSR said. Not checked it out but he's never far wrong :)

Ok, here is what I have done when I have found a programme running which I want to delete.

1. Find the location of the programme in Windows Explorer using the search function.

2. Once found leave location open.

3. Open Task Manager and open Processes, locate the programme and attempt to stop it, if sucessful immediately delete it in Windows Explorer.

This is my way of dealing with these programmes and it has worked each time, hope it does for you scotlass :) .

Jim

crazy! i had this problem yesterday....deleted it from the program files and it still popped up. And kept popping up.
I downloaded Spyware Doctor first which told me i had it and a few other nasties...but mostly tracking cookies. And when i came round to deleting it it wanted me to sign up and pay for the full edition!! Bugger that, so i went and found Super Anti Spyware free edition....downloaded it then ran it. It found the problem then deleted it.

The only way i can think WinPc came into my sytem was through some dodgy link on facebook. :roll:

My laptop got this on Friday and AVG didn't pick it up. After a couple of hours trying all sorts I tried a System Restore as a last resort - and it appears to have worked.

Berlin

Can i just say thank you very much to msr after hours of trying the virus seems to finally be gone so again thank you.

(Good luck with the fishing!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Gaming and Software 3
Whiskybreath Gaming and Software 39
msr Army Reserve 0