Winning The Peace

tomahawk6 said:
Chiarelli is slated for a third star and will be CG Multi National Corps Iraq.
Replacing General Casey?

And this vaguely reminds me of an article written by a British general. I'm trying to find it now.. Would be interesting to compare and contrast.

tomahawk6 said:
This article by MG Chiarelli is strongly recomended for officers deploying to Iraq. Chiarelli is slated for a third star and will be CG Multi National Corps Iraq.

http://www.army.mil/professionalwriting/volumes/volume3/october_2005/10_05_2.html
During the coordinated insurgent uprising in April 2004, Muqtada Al Sadr, as one of his first acts, gained control of the electrical substations in Sadr City. By providing uninterrupted power, something not seen since the fall of Saddam Hussein, he was able to sway support. A shadow government able to provide services, with governance by religious decree and enforcement by Sharia courts, Muqtada Al Sadr was able to provide a viable, attractive alternative to the coalition.
on the death of approximately 100 potential IPS recruits at a police station targeted by terrorists using a car laden with explosives, an amazing thing happened: on the following day there were over 300 potential recruits standing tall, ready to join the Iraqi Police Service
I suspect that many of them were ... insurgents and they knew that there would not be an explosion that day. By the way insurgents have families, they need work too.

Latest Threads