'Wingman' gets a new meaning....

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Goatman, Mar 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

So you've done the static line thing...and had a go at freefall...looked into doing a non-mil HALO jump......and thought B.A.S.E jumping was for the mildly deranged.....check this guy out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GFmvMHPQ1k8

Jokke Sommer

If something like this doesn't appear in the next Bond outing, will shorts my eat :-D

2. Tccch!

Kids these days...hanging around on street corners not good enough any more?

Seriously, there are some complete nutters around! Got to admire their bottle though - not much room for error there.

:)

Rodney2

3. Had similar thoughts when I saw this and their film of formation flying down gullies with smoke-on.
    skip to the 3 minute point for the action.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If I was doing that I'd be leaving a brown trail behind me in the air as well,...and it wouldn't be smoke.

5. Just wait. Won't be long before some muslammic radicalist flies one of those into a building.

Edited to add ....oops, posted that before watching some nutter fly one into a bridge! Must have stung!

6. its not a certain death but 1 in 2500 jumps makes it spectacularly dangerous compared to just about everything else.
    except cave diving.
    BASE jumping the pension you could get is amazing:)

7. Balls of steel...

...brain like a peanut

• Like Like x 1
  8. No wing suit however plenty of dollar from RedBull

9. And a wing suit but no parachute, ex Para Gary Connelly

10. Puts the shits up me lobbing with a rig on, never mind without.

They did the wingsuit stunt in one of the early Tomb Raider fillums, in Honkers out towards the harbour I vaguely recall. I have also seen some US Speshul ones at Deland practicing with a couple of variations of wing suit, one of their guys is a world authority, teaches wing uit flying, writes books, sponsored by a couple of manufacturers.

11. Saw this for the first time today and thought it was the dog's danglies. Shame when you see the other video taken of the great unwashed coming down the hill in their bobble hats and cagoules (alright anoraks) it looks a bit tame.