Wine Gifts

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Gundulph, Apr 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone a link to a company that can deliver personalised wine gifts within a day or two of order, preferably one you have used yourself so you know they are genuine and their products are quality?

2. http://www.nakedwines.com/bbcgfv40hr

sign up to bbcgoodfood website you can get £40 off your order, but i think you have to spend £100 however they do next day delivery if you are quick for a fiver there is a timer on the website that lets you know how long you have left.

3. I have found Virgin Wines to be excellent but you may have to be a member, which I am (www.virginwines.com). All their wines are excellent (no quibble returns policy) and they send out by Courier. I have sent several gifts, mostly cases but some Champers, and have always had fantastic service.

4. I had six bottles of Merlot delivered for my Birthday, it had a smashing label on saying:

'[align=center]THE
    [/align]NAGUERE
    [align=center]HOUSE RED

My son did it through Interflora, the wine was excellent.

5. Many thanks for this, a great looking selection so I have placed an Order, also E-Mailed them and told them I was recommended the site by a member of the Army Rumour Service so they may ask me who if they give discount etc.

Thanks again, I particularly like the fact they will resend an order that is stolen if they leave with a neighbour or in a hidden place and it gets Half Inched! 8O

6. no problems glad i could help lol they think of everything don't they hehe

edit: just to add tell them the local wino nicked the first batch lol

7. They are for my Mother and I did actually start the day by trying to order personalised bottles through Interflora but got to the Checkout page and it stayed there loading for half an hour before I closed it and tried again only to get to the same stage and same crap all over again so binned it...

8. on a side note i pressed your button on your sig have purchased a coin :D

9. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

How about this site:

Vintage Port, etc

I have used these guys for my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary - so what better than a case of port vintaged in the year of their wedding?

Easy to cross the idea over to your nearest and dearest birthday as a gift.....

Just a thought.