Windsor Castle Royal Tattoo 2009 and goats

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Mar 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Jesus, its not easy being me, you know?

Right. Heres the deal.

We have been invited to something called Windsor Castle Royal Tattoo 2009. One imagines it is in Windsor, so we must drive. We get one parking spot per couple which is civilised. Because cabs wont go there and they sure as shit wont be there when we bool out at midnight.

And, from memory...

A glass of champagne on arrival (I bet its Cava)

Canapes (Soft sausage rolls)

A three course dinner (carvery - I'll give it a miss)

'Music' from some Tankies (see 'three course dinner' above)

Entry to the Members Enclosure (Members? WHAT?)

Inclusion in the Royal Enclosure (thats two enclosures. I feel trapped already)

A great selection of international military displays rarely seen in the UK (er... erm... isnt that exactly why we put up with The Royal Navy? To prevent a great selection of international military displays rarely seen in the UK?)

And then it all gets scary scary. " traditional military music from the combined bands of Life Guards, Scots Guards and Welsh Guards."

Fucking tankies again. And their goat 'mascots'. Mascots. Yeah, right.

I shall have my dear wife with me. And important business associates. Bankers. Estate Agents. Procurement advisers. Public Relations Consultants. Foreigners. Like that. Important people.

I confess my friends, I am afraid. Very afraid.

Do goats slobber upon ones Paul Smith suit? Does it wash out? Do they bite? Do tankies? Do tankies goats have fleas? Will they infest my dear wife and clients? And bite them?

Will someone volunteer to hold my hand?
  2. Do us all a favour and chuck a few Grenades inside one of those enclosures full of Estate Agents and such-like. Ta.
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Thanks. Up until now I was only worried about goats biting my wife, tankies goat fleas biting my clients, cheap Cava, revolting carvery buffet and wailing horrible bagpipes played by pissed up Scotchmen.

Now I have to fear grenade throwing anarchist disgruntled short Welshmen like you.

Thanks. Jesus.
  4. Don't worry, they'll take one look at her and head for the salad...
  5. You muggy little cnut. You've got even more to worry about now that you've called me Welsh. When you least expect it...