Windrush Scandal

Londo

LE
Last edited:
If he had any sense he could retire back to Barbados and have quite a good lifestyle on the amount of (taxpayers) money he's been given and have a quite good lifestyle .
But no , he would prefer to stay here and be all bitter and twisted :clown:

A German lady – working in tourism – I knew there a few years ago said (wit no irony whatsoever) “all they need to live here is a coconut – it is warm enough to sleep on the beach 365 days of the year, and that will give them solid and liquid”.

Her point was in relation to the difficulty of finding sufficient locals who wanted to work – her comment, although perhaps a tad crude, was not far from the truth.

Londo

LE
A German lady – working in tourism – I knew there a few years ago said (wit no irony whatsoever) “all they need to live here is a coconut – it is warm enough to sleep on the beach 365 days of the year, and that will give them solid and liquid”.

Her point was in relation to the difficulty of finding sufficient locals who wanted to work – her comment, although perhaps a tad crude, was not far from the truth.
You mentioned the magic word .... Work . I understand now . ;)

She added that more people would have been deported had it not been for the actions of the lawyers representing some of those due to fly, who prevented the removal of 43 people who had a combined sentence of 245 years for a range of very serious offences.

You mentioned the magic word .... Work . I understand now . ;)

She also said – with a little bitterness – that she could not get citizenship (despite having a Barbadian son, sired by a local some years earlier, who – naturally – had left the scene) because official policy was “not to allow Europeans or other outsiders to take jobs that could be done by local people”.

syrup

LE

She added that more people would have been deported had it not been for the actions of the lawyers representing some of those due to fly, who prevented the removal of 43 people who had a combined sentence of 245 years for a range of very serious offences.

But they will have known someone, who knew someone, who met someone, who had heard mentioned that someone knew someone, who had met someone that had heard about a ship docking from the Caribbean and so are linked to the Windrush Generation so should not only be allowed to remain in the country should get compo for doing so.

Remember that game that they used to play Six Degrees of separation where you could link Kevin Bacon to any Hollywood star or film by linking them from the films he had been in .

It's getting like that with this ship

You don't have to be on it
You don't have to know anyone who was on it never mind related to them
You only need to have arrived within 40 years and come from somewhere near where the ship was sailing

Your an undocumented Migrant.
I'm part of the Windrush Generation
Oh really when did you arrive
Windrush arrived 1948.
But Abdul down the corner shop he serves Rastafarian Mick and he owns a BMW and all Bob Marley's Albums
A bit tenuous have
The Windrush - It sailed past our Island me grandad saw it
But he wasn't on it?
Your changing the rules now I want to see the Home secretary
Shall we say £100k compensation and full residency?

No sorry not good enough for what I've been put through

Last edited:

Londo

LE
Does it count that Years of Labour government caused me stress and I never got raging white heat of technology promised by Wilson. He scuppered my 21st too.
You beat me to it with that post . Was just about to say similar .

colinmc400

Old-Salt
I must remember to ask my missus about this. Her folks and all their siblings on both sides, all came from Jamaica and are all in their early 80's now. I never heard any of them mention this. Oh hang on though, they were all too busy working and raising their family's, who all went on to be successful in their own right's, to worry about crying over something like this.

I have asked before if any of them considered retiring back to Jamaica. Oh gawd no, its too dangerous there and way more to live for in the UK.