windproof trousers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by slingshot, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have got my self a pair of windproof strides and i am getting fed up with the way that they fasten up with the cross over straps

can anyone recommend me a way of altering them so that they are more like a normal pair of trousers to do up?
  2. They sound like NBC trousers!!!
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You mean you have salopettes?
  4. indeedy sounds like salopettes to me!
  5. the straps that cross over round your waist and do up on two buckles on the side
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Yes salopettes.

They are so heavy you need belt and braces to hold them up. Unless you want to be continually pulling them up.

I wear these lined trousers, don't have braces:
    Still need overtrousers on the hills if it's heavy rain but ok for light rain & they dry quick.
  7. I know what you are on about. I have seen some that have the buckles taken off with velcro used instead on the straps to make it quicker to adjust. They are a pump design though with button fly's too. I never used to wear mine they look waltish. Sell em on ebay as 'sas trousers' and buy a set of old school jungle bottoms. Quick drying and hard wearing.
  8. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

SAS issue windproof trousers, design based on a 1940's design used for shorts and jungle tousers in khaki and green.