• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Windows 8 and Surface

It's getting toward the time now where windows 8 will be released and the first MS Surface RT devices will be released. I'm wondering if anyone's interested in getting one or maybe waiting for the Surface pro ( I'm holding out for one of those) or are most people going to give them a miss?

The surface pro would be able to replace my current desktop, I can pop 16gb of ram in it and migrate my hyper-v machines that I've got running on it easily, then when I'm in the office connect it up to a couple of daisy chained display Port monitors and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and jobs a jobbed.

I can't see too many people doing that though but I could see the RT devices being a decent competition to IPad simply because of the pull of Office software.

Latest Threads