Windows 7

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by jack-daniels, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just got a new laptop with Windows 7.
    The question is how do I transfer all my photos and documents onto it from my external hard drive?
    I transferred them across but they ended up in a public library and when I disconnected the hard drive the pictures all disappeared.
    Any ideas anyone?

2. msr

msr LE

Click on start -> Pictures and drag and drop them there.

msr

3. Drag and drop from where? My external hard drive? This is baffling me after using XP for so bloody long!!

4. msr

msr LE

Yes. Dragging and dropping hasn't changed.

5. Cheers! I'll try that then!

6. Nice one MSR, worked a treat. Have you got Windows 7 yet?

7. msr

msr LE

I am running it on all my computers - less for the Mac, of course ;)

8. I bought one of these. Did the trick no problems - comes with software & full instructions.

9. Was leaning towards having a bash with a Mac. As most was mainly living on XP, worked briefly for a company 'trying' to run Vista, utter nightmare. W7 came out, thought that looks frighteningly like Vista, had a go, well pleased. Mac idea out the window for the moment, can't justify the cost for what I use a lappy for.

10. Why would anyone need to buy something like that?!?!!!

11. msr

msr LE

Good question, well presented.

12. I've been running windows 7 for sometime now, and never had a problem transferring files from one location to another, external or internal.

13. Run it on my gaming/work machine, still has pathetic backwards compatibility, but has some nice user friendly features like sticking favourite programs to the task bar etc

14. Because: a) I'm bone idle, and, b) the kids can use it.

15. Did you drop and drag everything or is there a shorter way that I haven't found yet?
    Everything I have is on an external hard drive.