Windows 7, deals or cheapest place

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by slimjim, Sep 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

Thinking about upgrading my pc to windows 7, anyone know of any good deals at the minute? Was hoping to find one as good as the dii windows office thing but no joy :(

Thanks in advance

2. I think the cheapest bet is to buy an OEM version (about £70) but I believe you need to buy an piece of hardware in order to make it legit.

One of the favourites used to be to buy an IDE cable with it.

3. Genuine Windows 7 £38.49

A nicely kept secret, that I do not mind sharing, is to be found at

Student discounts, deals & offers for premium software in UK

the only hitch is you need a child in full time education in the UK. On the plus side you get 2 licences one for the kid and one for the parent. I picked up the full Microsoft office package for a song.

It may seem too good to be true, but it is legit (I have used it a couple of times). It was something to do with Microsoft wanting to aid education etc.

4. Did seem to good to be true, and glad I was wrong, used them too.

Upgraded to windows 7 ultimate and the full MSOffice 2010, including Outlook2010 for under £100. Have two children in education, bought for my 'son' although i can use the licence too. Each setup can be installed up to three times before you need to call microsoft to get a activation code to do it again.

Normally takes about 4-5 days for the disks to come through, although if you are one of the unlucky ones and they check the details it could take 14-28 days.

Just make sure for windows7 you get the right one 32bit or 64bit............