Windows 10 corrupt message

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
Is anyone else getting a message when using ARRSE saying that Win 10 is corrupt and that I need to download some software to update it otherwise my files will be deleted?

Looks like a scam but will post a screen print next time it occurs.

Is anyone else getting a message when using ARRSE saying that Win 10 is corrupt and that I need to download some software to update it otherwise my files will be deleted?

No, I do not.
Ignore it.
So long as you have Windaz 10 security downloads up to date...which you get whether you want to or not....and something like Bit-Defender or Avast installed, it should be good. I get pop-ups some times that are similar...oddly...as I have everything fire walled.
I also get, when logging into a particular car forum, an annoying Googley " You are our 1000th winner of...". I just close the Google window and relog.
Also use F.O.C ADBlock which stops irritating ad pop ups. As a rule, I only get very rare irritations with all I have mentioned.

Yep. Not just on here, I also get it on eBay. I usually ignore it, but just to be sure I'm about to run a security scan.

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
No, I do not.
Ignore it.
So long as you have Windaz 10 security downloads up to date...which you get whether you want to or not....and something like Bit-Defender or Avast installed, it should be good. I get pop-ups some times that are similar...oddly...as I have everything fire walled.
I also get, when logging into a particular car forum, an annoying Googley " You are our 1000th winner of...". I just close the Google window and relog.
Also use F.O.C ADBlock which stops irritating ad pop ups. As a rule, I only get very rare irritations with all I have mentioned.
I have AVAST installed will check whether the security definitions are up to date

There are no websites that legitimately identify a "corrupt" windows 10 and offer a download to fix it. They are 100% always a scam attempting to have you install some software that will expose your computer to some hackers somewhere or most likely steal your personal information.

The only company that is qualified to make such a statement about your PC is Microsoft and they would never help you out, proactively, for free.

What he said ^ ^ ^

Win10 will run automatic updates.
Anything telling you that you Win10 machine is insecure is 99.99999% certain to be scamware
At worst you be exposed to cryptlocker ransomware:
Send us 500 bitcoins / $ whatever to unlock your PC.

Last edited:
Yep. Not just on here, I also get it on eBay. I usually ignore it, but just to be sure I'm about to run a security scan.
They are just ads, the best thing to do to eliminate this actor vector is to install and use Ublock Origin. An adblocker for your browser. You can always choose to allow some ads through for sites that you want to help out

I might write a short post on a new thread with some basic recommendations to keep your web browsing safe if anyone is interested. There are a handful of browser plugins that will make a massive difference to your safety and security

I get and audio prompt to clean up my phone, then hijacked and redirected to the Google Play store to download a phone cleaner.
Not everytime, just certain threads.

They are just ads, the best thing to do to eliminate this actor vector is to install and use Ublock Origin. An adblocker for your browser. You can always choose to allow some ads through for sites that you want to help out

I might write a short post on a new thread with some basic recommendations to keep your web browsing safe if anyone is interested. There are a handful of browser plugins that will make a massive difference to your safety and security
That's a great idea. I'm sure there are others that this would also be helpful too. Cheers

I use Adblock plus on firefox.
It does a pretty good job and is easily configured.

Bad CO

Admin
Please post a screen shot and we'll try to get it zapped.

I've had the error come up again today. The links below are from link address of the image below, and the other is from what proports to be from Microsoft (no print screen image sorry) with a description on how to update my system.

I have not opened either, for obvious reasons and I've posted them here so that aHappyTeddyBear can have a shufti to see if he can decipher them.

http://gav0792.site/ln/J_daNFFP.ZhDn5XOv5iqwOLLssdfsF02qxEZIo7DDaCfMcDU7PClVfQTC7ZPbBxsApaN3OcCiOxWwObG7P_a1STiQ9jMwOFiAlRCxZ6lgttB.4tRNSMZimOO6Ctx7iqP53oQVptj85Dd4c45XHgcpfER2oPh04qxvXMZ8PwBeP8eH6ogWjYDKiw2ecsw24642sXwnfHuSUYZiysjnk9JyQarHT4ec.iBj8UXB_d658jnUJcb91UyhTgzi2HB.zV6kSQs2NO8wBCB4rpQmCsjpH6Q9X_OUzz3BVb20_DEYspH5uH6IXcyHFYNpH_VobK1W_RT_FW9puI8tcrpSH06V6l.wEZOB91kQOIehHyfXlhZDN1RPOGMkFISZJ2nM7pJ

Reimage Repair - How to fix Windows Errors

win.png

Bad CO

Admin
Thanks, we'll get that blocked

Ctrl, Alt , Del - goto task manager and kill the browser you are using.

Then watch the people that enjoy talking to the "Technicians"

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
I've had the error come up again today. The links below are from link address of the image below, and the other is from what proports to be from Microsoft (no print screen image sorry) with a description on how to update my system.

I have not opened either, for obvious reasons and I've posted them here so that aHappyTeddyBear can have a shufti to see if he can decipher them.

http://gav0792.site/ln/J_daNFFP.ZhDn5XOv5iqwOLLssdfsF02qxEZIo7DDaCfMcDU7PClVfQTC7ZPbBxsApaN3OcCiOxWwObG7P_a1STiQ9jMwOFiAlRCxZ6lgttB.4tRNSMZimOO6Ctx7iqP53oQVptj85Dd4c45XHgcpfER2oPh04qxvXMZ8PwBeP8eH6ogWjYDKiw2ecsw24642sXwnfHuSUYZiysjnk9JyQarHT4ec.iBj8UXB_d658jnUJcb91UyhTgzi2HB.zV6kSQs2NO8wBCB4rpQmCsjpH6Q9X_OUzz3BVb20_DEYspH5uH6IXcyHFYNpH_VobK1W_RT_FW9puI8tcrpSH06V6l.wEZOB91kQOIehHyfXlhZDN1RPOGMkFISZJ2nM7pJ

Reimage Repair - How to fix Windows Errors

View attachment 360929
That's the one

Latest Threads