Window Film

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Jacques_Bustard, Jan 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone tried using self adhesive sun-screen film on their car windows? I've tried the usual suction pad sun screens and roller types but they are all a bit crap as they either fall apart or don't let the windows open without taking them off. My two young sons moan like hell if the sun is in their eyes, do the stick on films work and do they stay in place?

2. buy em sunglasses simple.

3. Iv'e used it on a 4x4 that I took to Africa, but if it impinges the drivers vision you will get a pull so front windows are out

4. Tint film is ok for the back and rear windows

Although you won’t get the protection with the window open!

It will peel in some areas where the window rubbers touch and scratch the glass, so won’t last for ever!

5. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

6. Thanks chaps, I'll give it a try (anything for a quiet life behind the wheel).

JB

7. the self adhesive stuff is a real arrse to put on mate, unless your a natural at that kind of stuff, it works quite well though, but as has been posted earlier, it looks a bit shabby when it starts to peel off and bubble

8. Love it "bossdog" that will learn em!

Take the windows right out of the car if possible and use plenty of soapy water and a squeegee, to get all the bubbles out !