Winding up civvies

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Moglington, Jan 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been watching Rhod Gilberts award winning mince pie DVD. At one point he has a bit about when he talks about going out to Afghanistan to entertain the troops and they were winding him up. So I thought it would be fun to find out what the best story you lot have on winding up civvies in theatre or just on camp. I have a few stories to share but I'll let you guys get some up first
  2. Journo?

If you have so many, tell us a few to prove it or BORE OFF!
  3. Okey dokey, I'm not a journo serving member of the forces (RN).
    First dit on winding up civvies, this was on an RAF Hercules flight and heard second hand from the aircrew
    the flight were taking a bunch of civvies up for some sort of display of their parachutists leaving the aircraft. The pilot and one of the parachutists swap name badges before they all introduce themselves then whilst the parachutists are jumping out the aircraft the parachutist wearing the pilots flight suit and name badge calmly walked to the back of the cab put on a chute, waved goodbye to the civvies and jumped out the back!

Second dit: more of an RN related one during the filming of the warship series one of the stokers explained the golden rivet to the female producer of the series she was then sat with the cdr at lunch in the wardroom and politely asked himif she got do a short shoot on the golden rivet and maybe get a quick dit from him on it. Needless to say it never got filmed, but the cdr's face when she brought it up was a sight to behold!
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

golden rivet?
  5. Wah?
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Hmmmm it says nothing in this description about being gang raped by the Leading Hand of the Mess and his oppos. Are you sure this website is a reliable source?
  7. When will people realise that a Glass hammer is a real thing....
  8. They hold the wheels on to the side of the ship,if you lean over the rail you can see them
  9. I suppose that's the more violent version of the story about the Leading Hand, the baby Stoker, the box of maltesers with a hole in the bottom & the LH's cock...
  10. Perhaps thats the initiation that the last paragraph refers to, not sure about harmless though.

11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

That reminds me of the classic popcorn trick when on a first date at the cinema.

Make a hole in the bottom of the popcorn tub, stick your penis through the hole so that it rests amongst the corn based confectionery, then offer your date a nice big handful, reminding her that the best bits are usually at the bottom of the tub.
  12. That old chestnut :roll:
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Never heard of the golden rivet. I thought it might have been some RN nautical version of a Prince Albert or some kind of sodomy.

that its only up there with a "Long Wait" is a shame.
  14. I remember a German journo on a patrol with 42 in Afg. A naughty young bootie told her the big box with the aerial on his back (ied jammer) was the portable microwave they heated up their rations in. She wrote it all down and was most impressed with the latest in dining technology.