Wind up torch/phone charger............

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by TheBigUn, Nov 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw one of these (Link HERE)in the little magazine that always falls out of the Sunday paper and being a sucker for gadgets thought I would buy one and try it out.
    User trial now complete and I can report that it actually works! Will be useful on Ex etc when it's hard to get your fone charged and the torch is ok, similar to the LED head torches. Doesn't last for ages though. Useful for emergencies etc and no need to worry about batteries. It gets pretty boring winding it up though and 3 minutes is a long time winding the little handle. I charged 1 bar on my fone after winding for about 5 mins.
    Thought it may be useful for the more adventurous types among us!

2. Theres no mobile phone network where the more adventurous amongst us go! :wink:

3. I know! LOL But you will be able to use the alarm clock feature on your phone!

4. My mother bought me one for Christmas a while ago. I must admit it is now stored alongside the automatic hammer and un-wanted handkerchiefs. Mothers, who'd ave em

5. I have a similar gadget, it's useful for keeping your phone 'topped up'. Just about completely useless if it actually runs flat on you though.

6. Granted, or you could just get yourself an Iridium satphone with a solar charger and a spare cell.

7. Found the solar chargers to be pretty useful on night ops! (but seriously, get you! Iridium phone, you must be in a unit that produces a decent comms plan, me i much prefer Harris HF! the good old new old fashioned way!)

8. Christ! Isn’t that dangerous? What if the terrorists get hold of the Iridium?
    Silly risk if you ask me. Which you didn't, I’ll get me coat.