Wind up the Scots?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
O! I understood all the Scot's ate was porage with salt because they could not afford such things as fried bacon, eggs, black pudding, tomatoes, potatoes (hash brown?) and of course fried bread after a good helping of porage with a little salt. Actually, the last time I had breakfast in Scotland the meal was so large I struggled to finish it, but being a Cheshire cat I manfully struggled on until it was all gone Wooff? LOL!
THE BANJO BOX!
A 16" pizza box filled with: Fish, Sausage, Scotch Pie, Hamburger, 1/2 pizza crunch, 1/2 fried pizza, 1/2 black pudding, 1/2 haggis, king rib, 6 fritters, chips, large tub of curry sauce and gravy, 6 pickles and a 2 litre bottle of Irn Bru. All for £18.50!

banjo.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
THE BANJO BOX!
A 16" pizza box filled with: Fish, Sausage, Scotch Pie, Hamburger, 1/2 pizza crunch, 1/2 fried pizza, 1/2 black pudding, 1/2 haggis, king rib, 6 fritters, chips, large tub of curry sauce and gravy, 6 pickles and a 2 litre bottle of Irn Bru. All for £18.50!

View attachment 354257
What's for afters?

THE BANJO BOX!

View attachment 354257
Nae deep fried Mars Bars.
Pish.
It's braw tho' eh?:hungry:
And so nutritious.

Last edited:
Wind up the Scots? Not usually a problem - just tell them that Braveheart wasn't a documentary.
And that Wallace was narked by his own side before being topped as a traitor...….

I used to take my family camping at Conwy, Wales. Just load the camping gear in our car we never booked, then we decided to go to Scotland nowhere booked just loaded the car & off to go all camping sites were full We stopped for supper at a chippy I asked about camping sites & a boy about 14 said his mam & she made us welcome we soon found a camp. It rained! Next morning I found us in the middle of a lake I barely showed my face & within 5 minutes all our gear was on safe ground we had a great time go to a pub in parts of Wales or England & after taking your money you will be ignored but not Scotland every one was friendly. I have worked with Scots whether you needed a penny to a pound there you go, boy, Scots mean? I have never a mean Scot in all my 85 years
I can tell a little tale about Scot's youths throwing rocks at my caravan, but generally I'd agree. I find the miserable Scot usually lives and works in England.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can tell a little tale about Scot's youths throwing rocks at my caravan, but generally I'd agree. I find the miserable Scot usually lives and works in England.
The happy Scot still lives in Scotland :D

THE BANJO BOX!

View attachment 354257
So they pay you £18.50 to take that shite away. That's very generous. For a Sweatie.

Is that the before it is eaten or after it has gone through the system Deep Fried Mars Bar we see there? I can't be sure.
No idea Fiona.
SWMBO & I have never touched shit like it in our lives! Neither does our son or his mates.
It's all pretty much the preserve of a slob minority...which you get everywhere.
All home cooking here from fresh but sometimes we weaken and have an epic fish supper off the Oban harbour boats, or their fresh breaded langoustines and hand-cut chips.:dance:

No idea Fiona.
SWMBO & I have never touched shit like it in our lives! Neither does our son or his mates.
It's all pretty much the preserve of a slob minority...which you get everywhere.
All home cooking here from fresh but sometimes we weaken and have an epic fish supper off the Oban harbour boats, or their fresh breaded langoustines and hand-cut chips.:dance:
The fish supper sounds very good, I'll just think of that instead of the deep fried Mars Bar, or the even more artery hardening Stonner Kebab that I understand is quite popular in some areas North of the border.