• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Winchester, Jan 21.

Righty all, with 112 days left to go (WOOOO F'KING HOOOOO!!! YES!!! URMPH!!!!!) sorry.

112 days left to go, thought it was my turn to start one of these things everyone loves so much :)

So, anyone starting at Winchester on Jan 21 2008? If so what are you going into?

dellie said:
cheers. if i see you in some in one oh the desert countrys in the future I will get you a pint :)
Yeah reet, coz Basra is flooded with f@ckin Guiness and Stella... :lol:

You got more chance of getting a blow job off Ester Ranzen than getting a pint in Iraq or Afgan, but its the thought that counts :lol:

I applied back in March but my medical papers took ages!
I only went to selection a couple of weeks ago though , so the wait isnt too bad. I was prepared to wait longer due to the minimal RMP places available.

Have you been waiting a long time?

Coming from Blackpool. Which is fan-f'king-tastic, the coming FROM it as opposed to going TO it ;)

Ruddyhell, I applied in Feb of this year, passed ADSC May 8th.... still, only 111 days to go eh :thumright:

Isn't there an intake on the 25th of November at Winchester?? im going for my selection training on the 25th October and hoping to be in before xmas lol

Alright Lads, just got confirmation that i'll be starting on the 21st as well. Going to be an Ammo Tech, thought RLC went to Pirbright normally but im defo going to Winchester. Can't wait!!

you what? I start 21st january and unless its been changed (might of) I thought I was gunna be at pirbright aswell, got my ammo tech advisory board a week tomorrow but you 100% sure ammo techs are going Winchester on january 21st?

Does anyone know why the whole process takes so long? I applied over a Month ago and still haven't heard anything back not even from my Local Army Careers Office! Should I be expecting a letter with an interview date and time or is it best to just go in to their Office this weekend? I'm getting impatient as I want to get on with it! lol Any advice as to normal procedures would be greatly appreciated

lol IF I get to basic on january 21st, It will have taken around 12months to get me in...

Just keep pestering them, thats what I did, constant phone calls to ask whats happening and what Im waiting for now etc...

Medical takes f'ing ages to get done properly. If they haven't contacted you for a while just drop by and ask if you need to do anything or just have chat with your Sgt about the jobs your interested in. I'm meant to be at ADSC around 5th Dec, but havent got a confirmed date yet, hoping to get started before x-mas or early 2008 if not. ATR Winchester for this AAC recruit!

I started my application in March too, medical took months of phone calls to my docs before it turned up at my AFIO, then it took a few more weeks to get back from pirbright with an OK. Use the time to train cos I've only got a few weeks till my ADSC and if I'd only just started training I'd be screwed on the day. Good luck.

Latest Threads