Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winchester 2020 sticky - all Winchester chat in here

Direct message me your names and numbers lads and I’ll add you you to the group chat on WhatsApp we’ve got going, there’s 9 of us already in it

Kaytemonn

Clanker
Hi all im passing out of winchester on 3rd December, thought I'd just share a few tips I've picked up.
There is a MAJOR lack of PT and you'll go a few weeks before you do a single PT session so get used to doing workouts in your room.
Take an iron and ironing board, the ones here are in shit state.
All rooms have been split in half by false walls so you'll have a max of 5 people per room. This will be your 'household' for the first 2 weeks because of covid. You'll mingle with other households as you're literally across the hall from eachother but just try keep 2m where you can.
Bring your own talc the stuff you get given is rotten - talc your socks prior to packing for exercise this will give you one less thing to do in the morning.
Exercises are really easy, half way is the one you'll get messed about on mostly. Get used to mud and rain.
All the staff are honestly lovely. Just do as you're told, don't try be the class clown and you'll do just fine.

forerunner

Swinger
Hi all im passing out of winchester on 3rd December, thought I'd just share a few tips I've picked up.
There is a MAJOR lack of PT and you'll go a few weeks before you do a single PT session so get used to doing workouts in your room.
Take an iron and ironing board, the ones here are in shit state.
All rooms have been split in half by false walls so you'll have a max of 5 people per room. This will be your 'household' for the first 2 weeks because of covid. You'll mingle with other households as you're literally across the hall from eachother but just try keep 2m where you can.
Bring your own talc the stuff you get given is rotten - talc your socks prior to packing for exercise this will give you one less thing to do in the morning.
Exercises are really easy, half way is the one you'll get messed about on mostly. Get used to mud and rain.
All the staff are honestly lovely. Just do as you're told, don't try be the class clown and you'll do just fine.
How come there’s a lack of PT ? Did you do many runs or tabs ?

Kaytemonn

Clanker
How come there’s a lack of PT ? Did you do many runs or tabs ?
Because of covid the programme is all over the show and nothing is set in stone. It took 2 weeks to do our first PT session, we only did 3 tabs when I believe you're supposed to do 5 or 6? Sometimes we went 2 weeks with no PT depending on what we were doing.

Because of covid the programme is all over the show and nothing is set in stone. It took 2 weeks to do our first PT session, we only did 3 tabs when I believe you're supposed to do 5 or 6? Sometimes we went 2 weeks with no PT depending on what we were doing.
As an alternative view my son is currently in Phase 1 at Pirbright. The PT is full on....from Day 3 and every day/other day. Interesting how different the programmes are.

Sflynn1970

Clanker
As an alternative view my son is currently in Phase 1 at Pirbright. The PT is full on....from Day 3 and every day/other day. Interesting how different the programmes are.
Yes my son has said the same. They have done loads of tabs. In the 2nd week they did 5 PT sessions. There are still loads of things that they can’t and won’t be doing sure to covid. But it may be different at Winchester.

Latest Threads