Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winchester 2020 sticky - all Winchester chat in here

Anyone got a recent kit list? I can only find one from 2014 and still waiting on mine. Also anyone starting 27th Sept?
I start on the 27th, I've tried to get a recent kit list but keep getting told that I'll receive it 2 weeks before starting. Doesn't leave a great deal of time to get prepared.

I start on the 27th, I've tried to get a recent kit list but keep getting told that I'll receive it 2 weeks before starting. Doesn't leave a great deal of time to get prepared.
Awesome, what role you going for? Recieved my kit list this morning too, attached a copy for you.

Attachments

• ATR(W) Joining Instructions - September 2020.Pdf
    309.3 KB · Views: 97
Awesome, what role you going for? Recieved my kit list this morning too, attached a copy for you.
I'm going for Supply Chain Operative, royal signals mate. What are you going for? Thanks mate, that kit list is a lot different to the Pirbright one, I've already bought loads of kit thinking it would be the same. Also I never thought you were allowed to take your car during training?

Hi, yep I got a start date of Jan 17th. Who are you joining? I'm going AAC. Not received any Joining instructions yet but don't expect them till December.

Ah nice to see someone with the same start date, I’m going RLC as an air dispatcher
Yeah we seem to be the first for the 17th, not seen any others just yet. I got hold of a kit list from a year ago but looking at the one above its completely different. No mention of any kind of military kit ie bungees etc etc. It seems we must get issued it now......

This is an updated intake letter by the looks of it from someone who went a few weeks back, it explains everything about COVID as well
Doesnt mention things like Twisters, Dark Tan Polish, On and Off brushes, plastic sealable bags for waterproofing your kit. A few things we might need that might be cheaper outside than at the NAAFI.......Also doesnt mention Iron or Ironing board

Doesnt mention things like Twisters, Dark Tan Polish, On and Off brushes, plastic sealable bags for waterproofing your kit. A few things we might need that might be cheaper outside than at the NAAFI.......Also doesnt mention Iron or Ironing board
I was thinking the same thing, doesn’t mention half of the things that are on the pirbright kit list, I can only assume that all of this gets issued but I’d rather get my own stuff, which I can guarantee will be better that the issued kit

Kaytemonn

Clanker
I was thinking the same thing, doesn’t mention half of the things that are on the pirbright kit list, I can only assume that all of this gets issued but I’d rather get my own stuff, which I can guarantee will be better that the issued kit

I'm at Winchester now. You won't be issued with boot polish or brushes so buy yourself some. It's also in your best interest to bring your own iron and ironing board. Yes they have some here but the irons are trash, so are the boards and you'll be fighting to get one because everyone had the same idea as you. Yes it's a pain to travel with an ironing board but seriously get yourself one. They sell them in the shop but stock isn't always guaranteed.

I'm at Winchester now. You won't be issued with boot polish or brushes so buy yourself some. It's also in your best interest to bring your own iron and ironing board. Yes they have some here but the irons are trash, so are the boards and you'll be fighting to get one because everyone had the same idea as you. Yes it's a pain to travel with an ironing board but seriously get yourself one. They sell them in the shop but stock isn't always guaranteed.
Hi, cheers for the heads up, anymore advice and eqpt we might need? What week are you on and how's going?

Yeah thanks for the heads up! Don’t really know anything about Winchester, I was expecting to go to pirbright so if you could let us know what it’s like that would be appreciated!

Hows it going. I’ll be going to Winchester on the 1st of November, can’t wait. Just trying to some research on the last bits and pieces to get.

I got a set of boot brushes on Amazon (2 on and off brushes) but they are really soft brushes. Does anyone know where I could get some proper harder bristle brushes to polish boots.

I saw someone say to bring a set of wooden hangers, but do we need to bring that?

Also I don’t have a suit but I will get one if I need too. Is it needed or can I rock up in suit trousers, a shirt and tie? Thanks a lot in advance

Latest Threads