Win32.exe spyware problems.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BuggerAll, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have managed to get infected by a win32 problem. Somehow or other I downloaded a program that told me I have a win32 virus. MacAffee was not picking it up.

I did an internet search of win32 type spyware. Selected a site call spyware doctor which offered to delete the offending items and like an ARRSE down loaded it's program. Now I can't delete it either.

I've tried add/remove from the control panel, I've tried using MacAffee shredder, I've tried going through the thing item by item, but it keeps reinstalling its self.

Any ideas?

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thanks for that. The Spybot seams to have done the trick. I afraid I could not get clamAV to laod. I ended up in a cycle of death - this is the download page of clamAV, click here to download clamAV - click - you have reached the homepage of clamAV click here to download clamAV - this is the download page of clamAV, click here to download clamAV - click - you have reached the homepage of clamAV click here to download clamAV - this is the download page of clamAV, click here to download clamAV - click - you have reached the homepage of clamAV click here to download clamAV.......

3. msr

msr LE

4. Go to www.filehippo.com and choose from any of the free anti-spyware programs.

I've got AVG and Ad-Aware myself.