WIN: Haix Black Eagle Tactical 2.0 GTX

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Christmas is coming early to one lucky ARRSE'er, with a pair of Black Eagle Tactical 2.0 GTX boots available to win by answering a very simple question:

Having read (and you did read it, didn't you, and not just jumped on the 'guess a number' bandwagon?) the 'A Closer Look At: Haix' article available here,

How many pairs of hands does the Black Eagle Tactical 2.0 GTX pass through during production?

This is only those hands involved in a manufacturing process, not those moving them from station to station, etc.

The winner will be picked on Sunday the 24th of December 2017. Post your answers in this thread!

Good luck!

Note: If you're having issues loading it, download the PDF version (which is a nicer read anyway) from here.

And the winner is......

@Helm

.....shit.

The answer was 56, and he's closest. A pair of Haix Black Eagles is passed through 56 pairs of hands across all the steps, and each pair of hands is actively doing a stage of the manufacturing process.

This could be stitching, cutting, gluing, sealing, shaping, etc.

Who would have thought it? I certainly didn't, and the intent was to hopefully let people realise just how much human labour goes into what I think maybe y of us assume for these big firms, is an automated process.

I'll get the details to the winner after the festives.

Well done!

Last edited:

HHH

GCM
@MrBane so I don't have to read the review I'll just wait until some users have answered then pick the number most people have went for ! :-D

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just give them here I need some new boots, save you all that trouble.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@MrBane so I don't have to read the review I'll just wait until some users have answered then pick the number most people have went for ! :-D
Bwaha, why not be the one to throw out a figure? Lead from the front and all that.

HHH

GCM
I'll go with 15

HHH

GCM
PS, Do the do these in a size 8 ?

Having read all the article (honest) 15 hands.
Unless one guy does 2 or more things on that list. ;)

Size 8, cheers, merry Chrimbo.

HHH

GCM
Having read all the article (honest) 15 hands.
Unless one guy does 2 or more things on that list. ;)

Size 8, cheers, merry Chrimbo.
Or it could be 30 one handed guys !

The actual number is 14hundred and seventy four.

But that does include Clyde who is as multiambidextiourous.

Did I mention I already havea pair of these remarkable boots??

philc

LE

I’m going with 15 and hoping Abu Hamza isn’t doing day release.ive changed it to 12 after reading about all the shaft action. Poor souls

Last edited:

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'll drop a clue in next week, because it looks like you lot need one!

Latest Threads