Win a pair of £75 military spec Sawfly shades

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Good CO, Sep 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

KitReviews.com has a competition to win £75 worth of Revision Sawfly sunglasses. All you need to do is post in their forums saying what you would use them for:

Win a pair of Revision Sawfly shades! | Kit Reviews

KitReviews is quite a new site so there will not be vast numbers of entrants and you've therefore got a pretty good chance of looking like a true SF hero for nowt more than a few words.

Sawfly_Blk_Smk.jpg

2. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

This isn't going to be difficult, there's only about eight people bothered to enter!

Bagsies!

3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Now you've blown it.

4. This isn't going to be difficult, there's only about eight people bothered to enter!

Bagsies!

That's right, Bugger it up for the 9th!!!

5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I was frankly underwhelmed when I noticed that the competition blurb failed to spell the word "lens", let's face it a critical element of a pair of sunglasses, correctly;

With an RPP of £75, the Revision Sawfly provides stylish and functional ballistic protection with three interchangeable lense colours to give you the ability to configure the shades for your environment.

And they think GCSE English should be marked more leniently?!?!?

6. Stop bumping this up the last 50 i don't want anyone else to enter!

DAMN!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm intrigued to know what purposes other than 'wear them over my eyes' the sales team have in mind.

8. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Would they be any good to be used a letching specs?

I have entered anyway, because you never know, I may get lucky.

9. MrBane

I see what he's done there. He's been writing the word 'lenses' repeatedly in the review which is the plural of 'lens' and the poor chap has obviously become confused and had a brain fart.

I know this, for 'twas me that did it. :)

Fixed for you good Sir. I apologise sincerely for my shoddy standards and will duly accept six of the best from you at a time and place of your choosing.

Wear them to the next Airsoft Tourney in your Tier 1 Operators Rig telling everyone you got them when you were in Iran

Out shopping in your North Face with burners down to your jaw, having them nonchalantly sat on your head giving everyone the 'look'.

Loads of ways to use 'em, but basically, we've got them to give away and had to do something in order to facilitate giving them away and it was the quickest and easiest thing we could think of. :)

10. Other than wearing them over your eyes?

Go on then, what?

11. MrBane

*Takes a deep breath*

Using them as an impromptu shovel to dig a shell scrape

Use the retaining strap on the back to garotte an enemy soldier

Tying a handkerchief to one of the arms of the shades to wave as a surrender flag when the rest of the enemy turn up

Using them as a slingshot to kill wild animals for food seeing as the retaining strap has slightly elastic properties

Sharpen the bottom of the shades into bladed edges to help you cut up the animal you've just killed

Use the retaining strap as a tourniquet

I could go on.... (Not really).... but point proven. You're only limited by your imagination!