• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Win a pair of £75 military spec Sawfly shades

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This isn't going to be difficult, there's only about eight people bothered to enter!

Bagsies!

This isn't going to be difficult, there's only about eight people bothered to enter!

Bagsies!

That's right, Bugger it up for the 9th!!!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was frankly underwhelmed when I noticed that the competition blurb failed to spell the word "lens", let's face it a critical element of a pair of sunglasses, correctly;

With an RPP of £75, the Revision Sawfly provides stylish and functional ballistic protection with three interchangeable lense colours to give you the ability to configure the shades for your environment.

And they think GCSE English should be marked more leniently?!?!?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was frankly underwhelmed when I noticed that the competition blurb failed to spell the word "lens", let's face it a critical element of a pair of sunglasses, correctly;

And they think GCSE English should be marked more leniently?!?!?
I see what he's done there. He's been writing the word 'lenses' repeatedly in the review which is the plural of 'lens' and the poor chap has obviously become confused and had a brain fart.

I know this, for 'twas me that did it. :)

Fixed for you good Sir. I apologise sincerely for my shoddy standards and will duly accept six of the best from you at a time and place of your choosing.

I'm intrigued to know what purposes other than 'wear them over my eyes' the sales team have in mind.
Wear them to the next Airsoft Tourney in your Tier 1 Operators Rig telling everyone you got them when you were in Iran

Out shopping in your North Face with burners down to your jaw, having them nonchalantly sat on your head giving everyone the 'look'.

Loads of ways to use 'em, but basically, we've got them to give away and had to do something in order to facilitate giving them away and it was the quickest and easiest thing we could think of. :)

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
*Takes a deep breath*

Using them as an impromptu shovel to dig a shell scrape

Use the retaining strap on the back to garotte an enemy soldier

Tying a handkerchief to one of the arms of the shades to wave as a surrender flag when the rest of the enemy turn up

Using them as a slingshot to kill wild animals for food seeing as the retaining strap has slightly elastic properties

Sharpen the bottom of the shades into bladed edges to help you cut up the animal you've just killed

Use the retaining strap as a tourniquet

I could go on.... (Not really).... but point proven. You're only limited by your imagination!

Latest Threads