WIN a copy of DEAD MEN RISEN by Toby Harnden

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Apr 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

5 copies of this great book are up for grabs in this latest competition brought to us by Flint Marketing and Quercus Books. You have until 20th May 2011 to get your answers in.

The book has been reviewed by Rasselas and the review can be found here. Have a read, it is an excellent review of a very interesting book.

To enter the competition go to the Survey Monkey form and complete the three simple questions, fill in your details and enter the form for your chance to win.

Dead Men Risen.jpg
    Dead Men Risen​

Other competitions currently running

Don’t forget that you can also try the competition to win a book about the paintings of Eric Ravilious – see here for that competition.

2. Auld-Yin

Easter Sunday bump for these competitions. This is a chance to win two great and completely different books which could build up your holiday reading should you win. Go to links in original post for the entry form.

3. Hi,,,
    Its sounds like quite mad but I want to ask you a few questions
    What is this book about,the theme of the book?
    How to be a part of this offer?
    Last date of this offer?

4. Auld-Yin

Bert

If you read the first post then you can get a link to the review by Rasselas which gives a very good description of the book. In the same post you can click on the entry form which gives you the entry form, with closing date shown.. You have plenty of time to enter.

5. Auld-Yin

Bumpity Bump

As pointed out in the Newsletter, this competition is still open for entries to win a copy of Dead Men Risen. Have a go, it is FREE, and you could end up with one of the books of the year to date.

6. Auld-Yin

This competition is still running so go to the link in the first post and get your entry in asap. This is a chance to win the book which caused so much embarrassment to the Ministry of Defence through having to buy and trash for first print run!

Have a go and find out what all the fuss was about.

7. Auld-Yin

This competition runs until 20 May 2011 so there is still time to get in and win a copy of this book. Quite a few people have not done their research properly and so getting some of the answers wrong. The answers are out there so go looking for them and get your entry in here before close of play Friday.

8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm looking, I'm looking! Just not being very successful!

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bugger, it's not so easy when wiki just the info from Army.mod.uk

First two answers easily enough found, once you get the right website!

Clue available for a small donation to Hols4H.

10. Auld-Yin

Last day for this competition. Closes tomorrow 20th May so have a go now and try to win one of the most talked about books this year. Go to first post for links.

11. Auld-Yin

Competition now closed. There were 41 entries with 31 correct entries.

The annswers are:

a. From which regiment did the Welsh Guards draw most of its personnel when it was formed in 1915? A = The Grenadier Guards

b. What nationality was the first commanding officer of the Welsh Guards? A = Scottish

c. What service did Toby Harnden serve in until 1994? A = Royal Navy

I would remind those that did not get the correct answers to RTFQ!! Especially Q2 where many gave his name but not his nationality, which was the question.

Winners will be put up here early next week.

If you have been unlucky and want to buy the book go to Amazon here.

Look out for the next book competition starting this weekend for a chance to win one of 5 copies of A Spur Called Courage.

12. Auld-Yin

OK, the news I know you have all been waiting for!! :)

The winners, as drawn by Flint Publishing, are:

fairy_nuff
    bisley_Bob
    green_cadet
    ToMeToYou
    tom_dkg

Congratulations!

I have emailed each winner - get your names and address to me asap so I can arrange for the books to be sent to you.

There will be a new competition starting here later today so look out for it.

13. My copy arrived today thank you and the publisher. It's bigger than I thought so will take some reading