Wimbledon greyhound stadium

Oxheart4

Old-Salt
The final night for racing at Wimbledon stadium will be held on Saturday 25th March, its the last greyhound track in London, the place itself has seen better days but its worth going along to see it before it get knocked down.

philc

LE
Blimy, my mum used to work in a bookies there and we used to watch the banger racing, I guess new houses are going up?

As I am involved with greyhound rescues all I can say is.
Yabbadabbadoooo!
Sad to see any bit of history go, but it really isn't a pretty industry.

Oxheart4

Old-Salt
As I am involved with greyhound rescues all I can say is.
Yabbadabbadoooo!
Sad to see any bit of history go, but it really isn't a pretty industry.
Yes I understand that some people have strong feelings about it although I must admit I'm not a follower of the sport myself, its just that its a bit of "old" London which is soon to be lost.

Yes I understand that some people have strong feelings about it although I must admit I'm not a follower of the sport myself, its just that its a bit of "old" London which is soon to be lost.
If I had a good night on the dogs, I didn't go to school the next day. It was amazing what you could win with a 5p reverse forecast back in the early 70s. Kids these days don't have a clue how to prepare properly for wagging. Silly sods tend to hang around the school gates for their mates at break times. And am i allowed to pass that nugget on to them....! :)

Latest Threads