Wimbledon 2019

I have just watched the 15 year old Cori Gauff beat 5 times champion Venus Williams in the first round. Fantastic stuff - brought a tear to my eye when she hit the match winner.

And Venus - what a sportswoman.

Many more matches like this and it will be a great championship.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
All I can say is, thank fuck I fly out of the country for 2 weeks on Wednesday morning!

Fair enough, you know where the off button is.

Are there any members of Arrse, other than me who actually like the sport?

Looks like this may be in the running for least popular/shortest lived thread of the year!

Plucky Brit Kyle Edmund has just won on centre court.

Fair enough, you know where the off button is.

Are there any members of Arrse, other than me who actually like the sport?
Yes. Absolutely. Tennis has been one of my summer sports since school. The place I was at had 4 grass and 8 ash courts.

Looks like this may be in the running for least popular/shortest lived thread of the year!

Plucky Brit Kyle Edmund has just won on centre court.
I didn’t realise there was a 10min time difference between me watching it live on Beeb in CH, and you watching it in the UK.
They’re at deuce in the last game as I write.

I was watching online. Its now on BBC2 where it is still 5-2 in the third set to Edmund.

Sorry if I ruined the result for you!

I was watching online. Its now on BBC2 where it is still 5-2 in the third set to Edmund.

Sorry if I ruined the result for you!
Actually you haven’t. When I wrote ‘last game’ I thought the set was going to finish 6-2 .
Wrong! Still watching the match. Magic sponge is coming on for Munar.

D

Deleted 24582

It was two Americans who were involved in that fantastic first round upset I opened the thread with.
We know who Venus is, she has been around forever. No clue about the other one. Tennis is the sport of Country Club snobs here.

The BBC will no doubt totally kick the arse out of coverage as usual.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I doubt anyone is interested. Currently on blue button behind BBC red button is veteran's men's doubles featuring Jeremy bates, Andrew castle, a third Englishman and an ancient frenchman.

They're all playing for laughs. Best thing I've seen on BBC this year.

I doubt anyone is interested. Currently on blue button behind BBC red button is veteran's men's doubles featuring Jeremy bates, Andrew castle, a third Englishman and an ancient frenchman.

They're all playing for laughs. Best thing I've seen on BBC this year.
Always enjoy the Veterans’ matches. Some good tennis and, as you say, played for laughs.

Latest Threads