Wills gets another new gig

Ah an' sure weren't his Mammy's Mammy's people from Ireland.....

wouldn't be so he has a nice new uniform for his wedding would it?

as king billy he would need an orange sash and arrive on a white horse

TWO weeks before - the Micks (ALL ranks) are party goers from the Far Side of the Moon! And fvcking good blokes and soldiers as well!

PS: I'm Welsh.
Scousers too, most of them!

And a load of Brummiiiiieees too, reading the article made me pause, none of my family( micks) around to ask at the moment but i thought that the queen mum had been their colonel for many years, i remember her presenting the shamrock in Munster many moons ago when my mick brother was stationed there, or was it just a royal visit?

Colonel already? And the date of his gazette was what, exactly?

True enough, it's not what you know but who...

If it's been sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

but i thought that the queen mum had been their colonel for many years, i remember her presenting the shamrock in Munster many moons ago when my mick brother was stationed there, or was it just a royal visit?
The Colonel then was General Sir Basil Eugster, The Colonel-in-Chief as with all the Foot Guards is HM The Queen.
The Queen Mum had a special affection for the Micks and her Equerries in the last 3-4 decades of her life all came from the Irish Guards after an officer from the BW allegedly blotted his copybook. The Queen Mum's attachment was ex-officio, but strong nonetheless, hence the presentation of shamrock to the battalion whenever possible.

The Colonel then was General Sir Basil Eugster, The Colonel-in-Chief as with all the Foot Guards is HM The Queen.
The Queen Mum had a special affection for the Micks and her Equerries in the last 3-4 decades of her life all came from the Irish Guards after an officer from the BW allegedly blotted his copybook. The Queen Mum's attachment was ex-officio, but strong nonetheless, hence the presentation of shamrock to the battalion whenever possible.
BOP Eugster? You're going way back there Rhodie! However the factual bit is correct. Colonel of the Regiment is a ceremonial role, and was held up until Will's appointment by Maj Gen Sir Sebastian Roberts, now retired. A finer Mick would be hard to find, despite my memories of having to put him to bed p-ssed more than once as a young subaltern!

Quis Separabit

PS He was the subaltern not me lol