willing to join TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by nanda123, Jan 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there!

I am doing my level 3 access course to nursing, hoping to be a nurse in future. I want to join TA as a Health care assistant but i notice that the requirement is NVQ level 2 and work in acute care.
    i am thinking to work in nursing home, voluntary job soon. will the army accept my application?

The thing is...i will have to wait for 2 more years to go to nursing university (i just came to UK). That's why i want to do join TA while waiting for university then get transferred to nursing.

2. First things first are you british or from a nation thats a member of the commonwealth? Plus dont get me wrong as this ma y not be the most accurate of things but as I recall you need to have lived in the UK for at least 5 years prior to joining the service. Best goin to one of the army recruitment centres if you want a more accurate set of answers.
  3. Thank x for your reply. I have British passport. I went to recruitment center last year, they were ready to take me in some things. i don't know maybe cook regular, i booked my BRAB test but i cancelled. Now that i know i want to be a nurse, so health care thing came in my mind.
  4. Excellent well just pop up to your local TA centre an you can start the application process which should take about 3-4 months from day 1 of your application to being sworn into your regiment (assuming you pass selection) anyway good luck if you do decide to go for it.
    • Like Like x 1