Will you vote in the General Election

Will you vote at the General Election? If not, why?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I'm not registered to vote and don't intend to be

• No - all the parties are as bad as each other

• No - my single vote won't make a difference

• No - I'm away on ops and don't know how to register/vote

• No - I'm based overseas and don't know how to register/vote

• No - I'm UK based and don't know how to register/vote

• Total voters
Who the hell said no?

Mind you, it could be because he or she is a Commonwealth serviceperson or Foreign national, and as such isn't eligible.

Voting no , they're all as bad as each other, is not exercising the democratic right you wear uniform to defend.

I wonder how many of the people who have said they will vote above will actually on the day. From experience, if you ask most people, they will tell you they intend to vote but the subsequent voter turnout is low. Voting here doesn't count for the real thing.

Damn Right I am Voting,
Only so I can Have A free ride in some cnuts car rather than my own beat up 3 pot Wonder and so I can complain when things go "not My Way" and anyone who WASTES the hard earned and hard fought right to doso , does the men and women of this country who died so that we could fill out our voting cards in english, a gross mis service and quite frankly doesnt deserve to be living in this country.
sorry if I have gone on a bit and my grammar not upto ARRSE standards
B_T

Damn right I'll be voting. I live in Germany so I'm registered as a proxy at mother-in-law's. My folks live in a safe tory seat but my MOL lives in a new labour marginal (Chatham -where BLiar was yesterday). MOL has already sharp-fingered the weasely MP several times when he's had his grip-and-grin sessions.

If everyone had the attitude that their single vote wouldn't make a difference then no one would vote. A good friend of mine missed out to a Labour candidate by just 14 votes in lsat years local elections. Another friend won by only 4 votes a few years ago. I've seen majorities of just one or two. - Voting does make a difference.

Tony Blair knows it does - that's why he hasn't gone out of his way to encourage YOU to register to vote

PartTimePongo said:
Who the hell said no?

Mind you, it could be because he or she is a Commonwealth serviceperson or Foreign national, and as such isn't eligible.

Voting no , they're all as bad as each other, is not exercising the democratic right you wear uniform to defend.
'spotter' here. Just to emphasize cdn_spr's point below: (errr.. above)

Commonwealth or ROI personnel ARE entitled to vote in General Election.

good thread, VB

hackle

Emily poppet, I live in the deepest darkest North East. Labour party policy is to keep the populace poor and stupid to make sure of their vote.

I used to live in a marginal and even considered voting Labour cos the incumbent Tory was such a twat, (I met him at several functions).

I'm glad I spoiled my ballot paper (wrote None of the above are competent to represent this constituency on the paper) 'cos the Labour candidate turned out to be a trot on the make. TCB seems to like the fellow though. Hard left marxist most of his life, made several interesting comments about the man that beat him for the post of candidate for Sedgefield and now pretends to be some sort of statesman.

Still I will go out and vote 'cos if I don't I have no right to criticise the fatherless sons of bitches.

I've voted in every one since 1979.

Voted for the Tories in 79, 83 & 87.

Never will again - I remember too much of what they did after that.

No way will I vote Tory OR Labour this time round.

Trouble is the lack of viable & meaningful alternatives.

Bummer :evil:

I live in a Lib Dem constituency which has a massive majority, apart from a protest vote can't see a point in voting. i have only seen my MP once in 6 years when he was handing out leaflets at a train station. He din't seem pleased when I asked him who he was !

I do think we should have a box on the ballot paper that says 'No Candidate'- I think i will take Mushroom's advice, it is the only way I can get my point across

Hootch said:
I do think we should have a box on the ballot paper that says 'No Candidate'- I think i will take Mushroom's advice, it is the only way I can get my point across
Hootch

I think Mushroom said he spoiled his vote in a previous election, not sure if he was necessarily giving that advice for next time.

Entirely your choice Hootch - that is one thing to be said for our electoral system. I would just add that a spoiled vote can never change anything. No-one ever sees scrawled pencil abuse on a ballot form, except for a couple of cynical officials and a few jaded party hacks in the middle of a long night of counting. The words are never noted or recorded in any way.

For anyone who can't support ANY candidate/party on their ballot paper, one suggestion is: target the cnut you LEAST like, and vote for whoever is most likely to beat them.