Will you vote in the General Election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Yes

2. No - I'm not registered to vote and don't intend to be

3. No - all the parties are as bad as each other

4. No - my single vote won't make a difference

5. No - I'm away on ops and don't know how to register/vote

6. No - I'm based overseas and don't know how to register/vote

0 vote(s)
  7. No - I'm UK based and don't know how to register/vote

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Why do so many Service personnel not use their vote?

If you voted 'No' above, please add anything about why below.

2. if you vote no, look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself a slap :evil:
  3. VB Could you add another one? No, cos' I'm a thick chav. :roll:
  4. If you don't vote, you can't complain. Vote so you can complain afterwards.
  5. Who the hell said no?

Mind you, it could be because he or she is a Commonwealth serviceperson or Foreign national, and as such isn't eligible.

Voting no , they're all as bad as each other, is not exercising the democratic right you wear uniform to defend.
  6. I wonder how many of the people who have said they will vote above will actually on the day. From experience, if you ask most people, they will tell you they intend to vote but the subsequent voter turnout is low. Voting here doesn't count for the real thing.
  7. Out here in 'Gawd's Country' even the folks in the cemetery vote...

8. I'm voting, even tho I'm a commonwealth citizen (in the british army) cause I hate labour.
  9. Damn Right I am Voting,
    Only so I can Have A free ride in some cnuts car rather than my own beat up 3 pot Wonder and so I can complain when things go "not My Way" and anyone who WASTES the hard earned and hard fought right to doso , does the men and women of this country who died so that we could fill out our voting cards in english, a gross mis service and quite frankly doesnt deserve to be living in this country.
    sorry if I have gone on a bit and my grammar not upto ARRSE standards
  10. Damn right I'll be voting. I live in Germany so I'm registered as a proxy at mother-in-law's. My folks live in a safe tory seat but my MOL lives in a new labour marginal (Chatham -where BLiar was yesterday). MOL has already sharp-fingered the weasely MP several times when he's had his grip-and-grin sessions.
  11. If everyone had the attitude that their single vote wouldn't make a difference then no one would vote. A good friend of mine missed out to a Labour candidate by just 14 votes in lsat years local elections. Another friend won by only 4 votes a few years ago. I've seen majorities of just one or two. - Voting does make a difference.

Tony Blair knows it does - that's why he hasn't gone out of his way to encourage YOU to register to vote
  12. I live in an area where the Labour majority is huge. I still turn out to vot against the buggers.
  13. 'spotter' here. Just to emphasize cdn_spr's point below: (errr.. above)

Commonwealth or ROI personnel ARE entitled to vote in General Election.

good thread, VB

14. Mushroom we used to come 4th in the ward I now represent! Even huge majorities can die a death. Glad to hear you turn out.