Will you raise a glass tonight 5 June, at 23:16 hours

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At 00:16 Double British Summer Time ( 23:16 BST ) on 6th june 1944, D Company 2nd Bn Ox and Bucks plus RE support landed by glider at Benouville ( now Pegasus ) Bridge. The first gilder, piloted by S/Sgt Jim Wallwork, landed 47 meters from the bridge after a 10k glide... It was one of the "most outstanding flying achievements of the war", said Air Chief Marshal Sir Trafford Leigh-Mallory

The battle for the liberation of Europe had begun.

2. Unfortunately, I'll be asleep. :(

Have a double for me, Bravo. :)

3. The assault lasted barely 10 minutes.

4. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Glass raised.

5. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Consider it done.

6. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

God bless em, and I will raise a glass to those Brave men. Who gave us a future.

7. Bugger the consequences - I'll be having a brandy.

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Would be rude not to

9. To my shame i was out....but ill raise a glass now.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

STOOOOOP

Read the DTG first!

11. Honored to raise a glass in memory of comrades who came before us. :1: :salut:

12. I went to a polling station yesterday and put a 'X' on a piece of paper, not because I wanted to vote for any self serving politician but because I am fully aware that it was because of these people (many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice) that I have the choice and the freedom to do so.
    I am eternally grateful.

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well said.

14. That's why I'd make it LAW that 100% attendance at the polling booth was the requirement.

I'd add abox at the bottom just marked "Thank You". For any defaulters, the Police could pop around at some point and hand our fixed penalty of 100 hours community service.

So that the defaulter could understand service to others and a bit of sacrifice.

15. Someone will have to have a drink for me, it's dry out here.......

Thanks fellas