Will you open fire........

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suspect and hope this is bullshine - http://thejournal.parker-joseph.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/3/2/4109792.html
    Certainly, the writer shows no great love of HMF and it could well be that the person who told him the question was being asked may well be a walt/was pis*ed. What would be so wrong in obeying orders - the responsibility would lie with those who told the army what was to be done. We shot UK citizens in NI - one might almost say with enthusiasm.

2. I think we put this one to bed back in March when it was published....

3. Apart from having a long curiousity about what Brown will do to avoid an election I would have to say its a fairly big heap of bollox

4. What a load of b*llocks and whats new "The Army" shot at UK civilians in NI and Gib.

5. And the odd one in Afghanistan.........

6. Yes - I saw that but went ahead as there have been a number of events that might have changed opinions since then

7. Pathetic then and now.....anyway summer's over.
    Unless it's an indian summer we could play cowboys and indians

8. Haven't read the link, don't intend to either. If the question is will I shoot at UK citizens? Answer: Yes and I will try to make sure they get hit in the stomach.

9. He's missed the fact that there are no such things as 'UK citizens', only subjects of the Crown.

And yes, I would fire at them, especially the fat ones. They're a bunch of hysterical idiots and need culling. I'm not even in the Army anymore but I'd do it pro bono.

10. Oh, that's great that is, Smartsy! That's the very folks I'll be hiding behind. :)

MsG

11. Not if I shoot you first, and I am not hysterical or an idiot. I too am ex-Army and I would put a bullet in the back of your head to save having to aim. :wink:

12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I have seen this form and refused to sign it back in 1998 and every 6 months since. As a result I have been exiled by the MOD to a miserable posting, where I manage visits by HM warships, the last of which was 2002. My office is in a remote location away from civil company, with nothing but a coastal strip and a single bar selling nothing but rum based drinks and cold beer, and I am have resorted to spending my days practicing for escape by sailing and swimming.

My God, Bermuda is a hell hole

13. Been there, its actually pretty dull.

Like the Molesworth pic though.

14. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

It may not exist anymore but there used to be a job as Senior Naval Officer Bermuda, who ran a building and a dockside which dealt with the occasional ship visit. The rest of the time he managed his 2 staff and "liaised" with the American base on the other side of the island. Quite a nice little posting for a passed over Lt Cdr. Mind you, I agree the night life left a lot to be desired by a Midshipman under training

Molesworth - my early education brought to life in fiction :D

15. Damn. I was tempted in by the hope that the target was the one-eyed incontinent Broon.