Will you open fire........

I suspect and hope this is bullshine - http://thejournal.parker-joseph.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/3/2/4109792.html
Certainly, the writer shows no great love of HMF and it could well be that the person who told him the question was being asked may well be a walt/was pis*ed. What would be so wrong in obeying orders - the responsibility would lie with those who told the army what was to be done. We shot UK citizens in NI - one might almost say with enthusiasm.

OldRedCap said:
I suspect and hope this is bullshine - http://thejournal.parker-joseph.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/3/2/4109792.html
Certainly, the writer shows no great love of HMF and it could well be that the person who told him the question was being asked may well be a walt/was pis*ed. What would be so wrong in obeying orders - the responsibility would lie with those who told the army what was to be done. We shot UK citizens in NI - one might almost say with enthusiasm.
I think we put this one to bed back in March when it was published....

What a load of b*llocks and whats new "The Army" shot at UK civilians in NI and Gib.

EX_STAB said:
OldRedCap said:
I think we put this one to bed back in March when it was published....
Yes - I saw that but went ahead as there have been a number of events that might have changed opinions since then

Haven't read the link, don't intend to either. If the question is will I shoot at UK citizens? Answer: Yes and I will try to make sure they get hit in the stomach.

He's missed the fact that there are no such things as 'UK citizens', only subjects of the Crown.

And yes, I would fire at them, especially the fat ones. They're a bunch of hysterical idiots and need culling. I'm not even in the Army anymore but I'd do it pro bono.

smartascarrots said:
He's missed the fact that there are no such things as 'UK citizens', only subjects of the Crown.

And yes, I would fire at them, especially the fat ones. They're a bunch of hysterical idiots and need culling.
Oh, that's great that is, Smartsy! That's the very folks I'll be hiding behind. :)

MsG

smartascarrots said:
And yes, I would fire at them, especially the fat ones. They're a bunch of hysterical idiots and need culling.
Not if I shoot you first, and I am not hysterical or an idiot. I too am ex-Army and I would put a bullet in the back of your head to save having to aim. :wink:

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I have seen this form and refused to sign it back in 1998 and every 6 months since. As a result I have been exiled by the MOD to a miserable posting, where I manage visits by HM warships, the last of which was 2002. My office is in a remote location away from civil company, with nothing but a coastal strip and a single bar selling nothing but rum based drinks and cold beer, and I am have resorted to spending my days practicing for escape by sailing and swimming.

My God, Bermuda is a hell hole

Been there, its actually pretty dull.

Like the Molesworth pic though.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Bravo_Bravo said:
Been there, its actually pretty dull.

Like the Molesworth pic though.
It may not exist anymore but there used to be a job as Senior Naval Officer Bermuda, who ran a building and a dockside which dealt with the occasional ship visit. The rest of the time he managed his 2 staff and "liaised" with the American base on the other side of the island. Quite a nice little posting for a passed over Lt Cdr. Mind you, I agree the night life left a lot to be desired by a Midshipman under training

Molesworth - my early education brought to life in fiction :D

Damn. I was tempted in by the hope that the target was the one-eyed incontinent Broon.

cpunk

LE
smartascarrots said:
You should have a look at your passport. You are - I suspect - a UK citizen and have been for some years.

But having said that, what a pile of juvenile sh1te that link is... are we to guess that his friend is pilot of a black helicopter?

cpunk said:
smartascarrots said:
You should have a look at your passport. You are - I suspect - a UK citizen and have been for some years.

But having said that, what a pile of juvenile sh1te that link is... are we to guess that his friend is pilot of a black helicopter?
not constitutionally you're not. (unless someone can show me where the constitution law was changed :? )

Without a doubt, judging by some of the wastes of skin hanging round these days, it would be classed as euthanasia.

[quote="Bouillabaisse
It may not exist anymore but there used to be a job as Senior Naval Officer Bermuda, who ran a building and a dockside which dealt with the occasional ship visit. The rest of the time he managed his 2 staff and "liaised" with the American base on the other side of the island. Quite a nice little posting for a passed over Lt Cdr. Mind you, I agree the night life left a lot to be desired by a Midshipman under training

[/quote]

Ah HMS Malabar, a Cdr, Lt Cdr and 13 other ranks (me included for 2 1/2 years). Have a Dark and Stormy for me. :)
Hell on earth as I remember it. Closed down in '98 if I remember correctly.

Going by most of the opinions on here I'd have thought there would be more chance of the army over throwing this useless government...... :D

Latest Threads