• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Will you be attending your next C1 Drill Night?

Will you attend?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#2
Yes I will, I need to sign in for the last 5 days I did and also get on jpa as it was down this weekend.

Does it bother me driving 120 miles round trip for nothing ?

Only a bit but its worth it to see my muckers.
 
#3
No cos I dont have a drill night, I have however been turning up at my parent units drill night for years on and off unpaid, not even C1, thats C2 ?
 
#4
yes, and i hope most of mine will. the priority for the next two will be matts catch up so we don't have to rely on a single bde concentration, after that lots of fun stuff until jan, then we'll rejigger if nec.
 
#5
quiller said:
yes, and i hope most of mine will. the priority for the next two will be matts catch up so we don't have to rely on a single bde concentration, after that lots of fun stuff until jan, then we'll rejigger if nec.
'Hope' or 'expect'?
 
#6
There's been some debate in my unit as to what training we can still do in the TAC, so I should hopefully still get to play with some vehicles. Already qualified for bounty so that's not an issue for me, thankfully - won't have to turn up to pointless nights to mong around purely to sign for the C1.

However, as long as there's training being run, I'll be there, paid or not.
 
#7
I will and, based on the straw poll conducted last Wednesday, so will the majority of the regular attenders.

How long they will continue to do so on the other hand only time can tell.
 
#8
Yeah, we're having a briefing about the practicalities of the cuts.

As far as i'm aware tonight is C1... but nothings been said about what happens afterwards, it'll be interesting to see if this holds for the following weeks. I don't mind giving up a little of my time for free (2 hours one evening) but thats where it stops. If travel isn't paid then i'm off until April - as fuel isn't free.

There is only one exception to that - Rememberance Sunday. We all have a debt to the fallen, and i'll be there on Sunday. But when it comes to Tuesday evenings i'm not about to generate a fuel debt because MoD can't balence a budget.
 
#9
We have just been informed that drill nights have changed again from C1 to C2. Didnt mind the thought of doing drill nights as C1 with my travel paid but now i am going to be out of pocket being C2.

Are they expecting me to give lessons to recruits who are being paid whilst i am not even being paid travel. Theres seems to be something wrong with that scenerio!! Maybe the MOD should ask the regs to come and do this training, they are paid 24/7, arent they?
 
#10
msr said:
quiller said:
yes, and i hope most of mine will. the priority for the next two will be matts catch up so we don't have to rely on a single bde concentration, after that lots of fun stuff until jan, then we'll rejigger if nec.
'Hope' or 'expect'?
hope is all we have left, we hope that people will turn in but expect some will start getting other employment.

we hope that things will go back to normal next year but expect no guarantees from the CoC and even if they do, we don't trust them anymore.
 
G

Goku

Guest
#11
I only work 10min away from my TAC.
However it takes me 1.5 – 2 hrs on public transport to get home (tube, train, taxie).

Transport costs add up (I'm now C2) and after a long shite day in the office my spare time is valuable. So no I won’t be coming in for free unless I view the training as critical.

I’ll be in for Remembrance Sunday but that’s it until the next FY.
 
#16
When this started with unpaid AT I said it was the thin end of the wedge. Know the wedge is fully rammed up our arrse. Is there any level below C2 as C none is as far as I would go.

I will work for love if I get some love back.
 
S

swampmonster

Guest
#17
TopBadger said:
Yeah, we're having a briefing about the practicalities of the cuts
TopBadger said:
.

As far as i'm aware tonight is C1... but nothings been said about what happens afterwards, it'll be interesting to see if this holds for the following weeks. I don't mind giving up a little of my time for free (2 hours one evening) but thats where it stops. If travel isn't paid then i'm off until April - as fuel isn't free.

There is only one exception to that - Rememberance Sunday. We all have a debt to the fallen, and i'll be there on Sunday. But when it comes to Tuesday evenings i'm not about to generate a fuel debt because MoD can't balence a budget.

Yes same reason here.....
 
#20
saladdoger said:
When this started with unpaid AT I said it was the thin end of the wedge. Know the wedge is fully rammed up our arrse. Is there any level below C2 as C none is as far as I would go.

I will work for love if I get some love back.
Where is Jarrod when you need an answer to that :D

In tonight for a pft pass hopefully. Then we will see how I feel post Rememberance.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts