Will this government honour the triple lock as promesed ?

will goverment honour the triple lock pension

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • no course not lying gits .

Votes: 35 81.4%

• Total voters

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
My bold. How will they justify that, having payed in all our working lives. That can be implemented only with new starts in the job market:- New 18 year olds, straight from school, or university graduates starting their careers. Discharge service personal who have had tax and national insurance stopped at source will suffer.

Well, remind me how having paid a full stamp all her working life, my wife got told ‘huzzah! You get to work for an extra 6 years’.

They will just do it, And the papers and the public will cheer to the rafters these ‘gold plated civil servants’ getting their ‘just deserts’

A nice idea, but I don't see it happening. To paraphrase a saying that is popular in the former colony, you can have your money back when you prise it from the Government's cold, dead hands.

My bold. That's the paramount phrase. Its our money, the government hold it in trust, invest it, reap the rewards, and return it to its rightful owners when it is required and needed, or am i missing something here :?

For me, a state pension rise of 2.5% is fair to everyone.

My state pension went up by 0.5% last year,2020, the same as my forces pension

The Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers' housing costs (CPIH) 12-month inflation rate was 0.7% in September 2020, up from 0.5% in August 2020. The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) 12-month inflation rate was 0.5% in September 2020, up from 0.2% in August.

It was alright for pensioners to take the lower figure, but when it goes higher you want to chop it
because it doesn't suit you,
My military pension increased by 1.6% in 2020. I don't know how you got a different amount.

I don't get your last paragraph. What do you think I want to chop?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
And raising CS etc pension ages and taking money off you?

Well, the deal used to be retire at 60 on full pension, then it became 65, now it’s the State Pension age.
And Classic, became Nouvos, became Alpha.
Work longer for a less generous pension.
Same with Police, Armed Forces and every other Government pension.

We, our generation, are going to be the last to retire on a decent screw.
I’ll shortly retire on better than 2/3rds in total of what I currently earn, the ones behind me? NFC!

anglo

LE
My military pension increased by 1.6% in 2020. I don't know how you got a different amount.

I don't get your last paragraph. What do you think I want to chop?

I checked before I posted, both pensions 0.5%

Last year (2020) my mil pension increased by 1.7%, not 1.6% which seems to have been a spreadsheet rounding error on my part. This year (2021) it increased by 0.5%. Are you confusing the two years by any chance? In 2019 it was 2.4%.

One of the other points is that most of us are now at the end of the runway with the trees approaching and we have nothing left to bargain with in terms of saving more. The last group that should be penalised is pensioners as we have nowhere financial to go. As for means testing that is the absolute worst way to decide. There is a massive wedge being driven between the rich and the ppor even before this current reality and I can only see it getting worse. Not for one second do I believe that this virus is part of a conspiracy theory but it is now fitting so many agendas now that I reuly worry for the future and I never did. I am safely retired and had done my working out over all my working life striking a balance with life and saving for the future. I honoured every commitment to the government, councils, etc, and for some unbalanced reason I expected the same on something like this. And don't start me on HS2....and the ULEZ....still, I've always been a self starter....:)

anglo

LE
Last year (2020) my mil pension increased by 1.7%, not 1.6% which seems to have been a spreadsheet rounding error on my part. This year (2021) it increased by 0.5%. Are you confusing the two years by any chance? In 2019 it was 2.4%.
Actually, it's worse than that after tax, I've just gone back and looked at my bank statements,
my tax shot up.

My bold. That's the paramount phrase. Its our money, the government hold it in trust, invest it, reap the rewards, and return it to its rightful owners when it is required and needed, or am i missing something here :?

Yes: it's called, "Reality" ;)

The Government's willingness to take your money, spunk it up any wall they please, and give you SFA in return would make Tony Soprano blush. Because they know you have absolutely no recourse. What are you going to do, vote them out? All that means is they get a nice, all expenses paid holiday as Her Majesty's Opposition, while the other bunch of cnuts screw you over. And they know it's only a matter of time before you forget just how awful they are, swallow their latest bovine excrement and vote them in again.

Yes: it's called, "Reality" ;)

The Government's willingness to take your money, spunk it up any wall they please, and give you SFA in return would make Tony Soprano blush. Because they know you have absolutely no recourse. What are you going to do, vote them out? All that means is they get a nice, all expenses paid holiday as Her Majesty's Opposition, while the other bunch of cnuts screw you over. And they know it's only a matter of time before you forget just how awful they are, swallow their latest bovine excrement and vote them in again.
I think you are being a bit harsh on a fine body of men and women, and you are painting .......fcuk it, you're right, a bigger bunch of self serving mealy mouthed venal self entitled blinkered expense fiddling haughty bell ends, it would be harder to find, and not helped by the MSM going along with all they say, I stopped voting when Brexit became law.. :p

Last edited:
Actually, it's worse than that after tax, I've just gone back and looked at my bank statements,
my tax shot up.
Are you using your wife's unused tax allowance? From what you said earlier your's is the only income and it is £14K. You can benefit from £1050 (I think it is) of your wife's unused allowance, taking yours up to £13550 per year. That way you would only pay tax on £450 of your £14K and that would be something like £90 per year or £7.50 per month.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sod them all, I’m going to equity release every Penny I can out of The house, draw down every penny possible out of mine and the wifes pensions, buy a new car and luxury German caravan, and conspicuously consume my permanent holidays way to my grave

Sod them all, I’m going to equity release every Penny I can out of The house, draw down every penny possible out of mine and the wifes pensions, buy a new car and luxury German caravan, and conspicuously consume my permanent holidays way to my grave
You know it makes sense. There is no mileage in being the richest corpse in the cemetery. As I came with nothing to my name, I plan on leaving with nothing to my name.

My bold. How will they justify that, having payed in all our working lives.
None of us contribute to the state pension during our working lives, there is no pot of gold, it's a Ponzi scheme.

We all contribute to the state pension every time we pay any tax whatsoever, even VAT. Sadly it is not our own as there is no hypothecated fund for that.
Exactly. We pay those older than us, not our own.

One of the other points is that most of us are now at the end of the runway with the trees approaching and we have nothing left to bargain with in terms of saving more. The last group that should be penalised is pensioners as we have nowhere financial to go. As for means testing that is the absolute worst way to decide. There is a massive wedge being driven between the rich and the ppor even before this current reality and I can only see it getting worse. Not for one second do I believe that this virus is part of a conspiracy theory but it is now fitting so many agendas now that I reuly worry for the future and I never did. I am safely retired and had done my working out over all my working life striking a balance with life and saving for the future. I honoured every commitment to the government, councils, etc, and for some unbalanced reason I expected the same on something like this. And don't start me on HS2....and the ULEZ....still, I've always been a self starter....:)

And the double whammy for those retired who could look forward to the interest on their savings helping them out. Now, with derisory rates, you can't rely on that either.

I'm still on the lower state pension (yes, I know I paid less NI in the earlier years) and am quite well provided for with my pensions but there are definitely many who aren't that lucky. Inflation eating up their income.

Ursus Major

Old-Salt
So, you promise your Missus a new kitchen, then some twat totals your car, which you need for work. You have money to buy one or 'tother.

What do you do?
Kitchen of course unless you want your clothing descending out of the bedroom window…