will this finally force a review of sdsr?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, Aug 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. In the Newport News/Virginia Beach area of Virginia there are several bases with military airfields. I was down there for a few weeks during the start of Desert Shield (Op Granby) and everywhere you went you saw bumper stickers on cars which said "Jet Noise - The Sound of Freedom" I like that attitude.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grumblegrunt

ah this is little england though, we get people who move into an area knowing there is an airport/school/scout hut/clay pigeon range etc.. who then complain about the noise. the courts have thrown allsorts of stuff out lately.

4. What a shame my heart bleeds for the multi million aires who 'choose' to live in leafy oxfordshire/wiltshire or any other shire for that matter that happens to be near an active military base of any kind. They could try moving to Sangin. The sun always shines there

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As this is a report from the Daily Wail it has to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. I mean, it says that the RAF were working between 1am and 5am

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  6. Grumblegrunt

well the planes do have to be ready for when the orficers have fiinished their morning 9 holes.

it says they practise getting on and off so doing it in the dark means fewer folks get to see the unpleasantness of the sweaty minions. :)

all of the uk is a shire isnt it? I know a few have had their names shortened to fit the roadsigns. you are now entering greaterlondoncestershire is a bit of a mouthfull. Sangincester and hellmandshire have a nice ring about them though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is absolutely atrocious, decent conservative folk being blasted from their well earned lotus eating slummber because the damned RAF decide to practice defending the realm, the whole blasted service should be scrapped, and the savings shared with the drowsy folk in Chipping, my heart bleeds for them.

And now they,ve had my sympathy vote, they can feck off.

8. It' Tommy this and Tommy that
    And "chuck him out-the brute!"
    But he's the saviour of the country when the guns begin to shoot.......etc etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dear Residents of Chipping Norton, very sorry for disturbing your sleep at night, I have three suggestions
    1. Try very expensive ear plugs
    2. Try Double Glazing
    3. Move!!!!

10. RAF working now your taking the piss

11. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Or, for the RAF:

It's Kevin this and Kevin that
    and five star all the day.
    But they hate synthetic fabrics down Chipping Norton way.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 4. feck off and die!

hope you dont mind me adding to your list MSI64 ta

13. All well and good accepting the Daily Mail's view, but give the "chipping norton set" bolls a rest, please. How about this for a story: "Millionaires in Wiltshire villages don't complain about noise"? Not enough to get your teeth into?

14. Don't they know there's a war on?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Must have missed the closing of Lynham, Blur's revenge.

john