Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

For an uprising, it hasn't actually acheived a lot in 35 years. It was a riot pure and simple, nothing political about it, it started because the local population mistakenly believed that the mother of a petty criminal had been killed by plod, said petty criminal had fired a gun 2 days earlier and then done a runner.

Babylon did it and ran away

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If you watch it backwards it has a happy ending.
If you watch it forwards, the same is true - it's the uplifting story of some poor bugger caught in Africa by another tribe, sold to slavers, and transported to the USA where his ancestors are fortunate to to live better and and far more free lives than any of his tribe left back in the Dark Continent. That's pretty uplifting, and I'm sure there's a parable in there somewhere about being grateful for the efforts and sacrifices of former generations.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If Norman gets his own history month, what about Dave?
Dave month will begin twelve times a year, it's for those who learn nothing from history and is a series of repeats.

Slime

LE
Someone was arrested in the UK for Saddam's statue.

What about the ones who vandalised Colston's statue?

To be fair, Avon and Somerset mercilessly hunted down those who toppled the statue, and the punishments have been severe and draconian..........Somewhat akin to the hanging, drawing and quartering in use in Colston’s timeframe.

The convicted people got taught a very hard lesson indeed!

Some of the above may not accurately describe the real life punishments of the six who have been dealt with :)

Slime

LE
@Oyibo

The punishments you asked about are as follows (from memory)

A conditional caution.................to me this means let off.
2 hours community service...........not the 40, 100 or 200 hours some get.

The last component I’ll come onto seems ‘made up’ imho and is something I have never heard of before.
The damage to the statue was damage to a statue owned by the city, a city in which only 2% had called for the statues removal when asked.
The statue belongs to the City as a whole, and so could be seen as being like the doors or windows of a council building, or perhaps the tarmac or concrete laid by city workers.

The 6 people each got a £100 ’fine’ but the money won’t be going to the Courts, council, Police or government, but is being given to charities that support BAME people (so not the statue owners, either as the council or local population). This means the £100 each person will pay will be going to causes they already support............and who may supports the criminal damage that was done in the first place!

If you watch it forwards, the same is true - it's the uplifting story of some poor bugger caught in Africa by another tribe, sold to slavers, and transported to the USA where his ancestors are fortunate to to live better and and far more free lives than any of his tribe left back in the Dark Continent. That's pretty uplifting, and I'm sure there's a parable in there somewhere about being grateful for the efforts and sacrifices of former generations.

Uplifting stories would though perhaps disturb the 'Black History Month' :roll: narrative, that the Black history is only one of constantly being oppression by white civilisations which is bunk. There are plenty of interesting stories that could be told, and told truthfully warts and all. About Africa, pre and post colonialism and life during and after slavery which focus's on being as you say 'uplifting'. We managed to tell such stories after both Roman occupation and other travails which is our nations history.

It's sad that some across the UK and US black communities that just have too resort to plagiarism. 'Alex Hayley's roots' @Mary hinges post #504 has a link to an article about that, or misrepresentation the Cleopatra and we 'Waz Kings', Mary Seacole experience of running a NAAFI rather than a hospital during the Crimean War guff.

Still I say 'have at it' as it shows those pushing such stuff are chip on their shoulder grifters and the like. Of course there will be a downside for them. Being by starting to get many peoples backs up, when a wolf really turns up at their door no one will believe them, care or be bothered what happens to them.

edited for spellinks and dickshun

Last edited:
Nobody has ever said it was easy - but working on a farm or in a merchant ship was not fun either! The point is they were mostly volunteers, and did get pay - of sorts. If they really had all been press ganged then it is unlikely they would have had the discipline to train to be a battle winning force.

Pshaw! Discipline can be beaten into the laggards...!

Insidious, isn't it? The two birds in bed are on the Virgin ad and I did think why?

Then the new president of CBI, the bloke who brought Cobra beer to Britain, seems to think the state of British industry at the moment, what with Covid - looming debts - unemployment on the horizon doesn't need training or investment. No, he reckons that it needs more "diversity" and that all the FTSE 350 companies should be made to have at least one person of colour on the board. That'll get the UK out of the proverbial.

Lord Bilimoria

Pissing and moaning about the check date on the extinguishers while the building burns down around them.

Awol

LE
Uplifting stories would though perhaps disturb the 'Black History Month' :roll: narrative, that the Black history is only one of constantly being oppression by white civilisations which is bunk. There are plenty of interesting stories that could be told, and told truthfully warts and all, about Africa, pre and post colonialism, and life during and after slavery which focus on being as you say uplifting. We managed to tell such stories after both Roman occupation and other travails which is our nations history.

It's sad that some across the UK and US black communities that just have too resort to plagiarism 'Alex Hayley's roots' @Mary hinges post #504 has a link to an article about that, or misrepresentation the Cleopatra and we 'Waz Kings', Mary Seacole experiance of running a NAAFI rather than a hospital during the Crimean War guff.

Still I say 'have at it' as it shows those pushing such stuff are chip on their shoulder grifters and the like. Of course thre will be a downside for them being by starting to get many peoples backs up, when a wolf really turns up at their door no one will believe them, care or be bothered what happens to them.
The unseen downside for them is that just about everyone I know, an average cross section of society, is thoroughly pissed off with it all. Friends and relatives who I never imagined would utter anything vaguely racist are now doing so (almost) openly. The public aren’t stupid, they know when they are being manipulated and they resent it, although their resentment is being suppressed as far as possible by those with an interest and those in power.

This control is almost Stalinist.

ugly

LE
Hang on if being black is so important can someone please explain Michael Jackson?

anglo

LE
Ever bodies jumping on the bandwagon

img001.jpg
img002.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Free money in california.
Whitey need not apply
I wonder how they will evaluate peoples claim to be descended from Slaves
perhaps a sum of money will be agreed for each slave, and then passed to his or her descendants
by which time it will not be a great deal, and taxes will go up, so hard working black families will find themselves nearer the poverty line
the origional slave is the one that suffered, not the descendands

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Hang on if being black is so important can someone please explain Michael Jackson?
I don't think anyone can explain the paedophile chameleon (by surgery)

Latest Threads