Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

Fine. Let’s revisit all history, including the inconvenient bits, regardless of who they’re inconvenient to, and let’s keep it as history rather than reinventing Jackanory.
‘Jackanory’? Was your first solo in a Wright Flyer? ;)

Black post boxes is the latest craze from the Post Office and being promoted on the BBC,

There's an opportunity for some 'orrible racist to paint white around the letter-posting slit, add a pair of eyes and make the box go full B&W Minstrels....

Fine. Let’s revisit all history, including the inconvenient bits, regardless of who they’re inconvenient to, and let’s keep it as history rather than reinventing Jackanory.

Taking into account human subjectivity and our conscious and unconscious agendas (all the things they didn't teach us about at school while they were teaching us "history"), I often wonder what of it is actual history and what of it is jackanory.

Last edited:

philc

LE
The answer to the question no, the BBC, Guardian and the usual other suspects will use it to push a liberal agenda around BLM, Global Warming and immigration. with a view to steer policy and young adults votes to a more liberal country.

The new outrage, I was unaware of the colour of the authors books I red at school, it was immaterial, it was the story that counted.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My twopennorth for what it's worth:
I really don't give two monkeys about BLM , LGBTQ, LSD, GPO, RAF or any other pseudo-woke crap that the leftie half-wits wish to promote! If these numpties wish to advertise their woke-ness (I think I made that up), please let the powers that be put it on channel 4 where nobody ever watches it. Do not use it to make politico-woke adverts on kiddies TV and especially not while there is Rugby on!

By the way, anyone seen the advert where the little black kid called Enoch is going blind. I said to Mrs Smeggers (aka the Leader of the Opposition), "he's called Enoch, 'cos he's blind and Enochs into things". She spat half a cup of coffee over the dog and called me a kunt!

Black post boxes is the latest craze from the Post Office and being promoted on the BBC,

The BBC chose not to open this story up to 'Have Your Say' comments for some strange reason - can't imagine why but the cynic in me thinks the comments may not concur very closely with the BBC's agenda.

The context is not, as per the thread title BLM, but actually Black history month, and revisiting history is a good thing, whether you agree with what happened or not.

Revisiting history IS a good thing. But why should there be a Black History Month? Surely all history needs to be examined in order to avoid a skewed view.

In the same way that an association of black police officers is by definition not diverse, picking out one section of history for celebration is in itself racist.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The answer to the question no, the BBC, Guardian and the usual other suspects will use it to push a liberal agenda around BLM, Global Warming and immigration. with a view to steer policy and young adults votes to a more liberal country.

The new outrage, I was unaware of the colour of the authors books I red at school, it was immaterial, it was the story that counted.

Re. the bold: the one thing it would not be is liberal. It would be a highly restrictive autocracy. We need to change the lexicon, as well as the script.

The next question I have to ask is this: why should the ethnicity of the author(s) be of any consequence? Put aside for a moment the ridiculousness of cultural appropriation and criticism of such as a white American author being criticised for writing a novel about Mexicans; we will never achieve racial, cultural and social harmony if we are forced at every juncture to see only ethnicity.

The people within CBBC who sanctioned that described in the OP's post should already be out of a job for incitement, in my view.

Sat here with my little one watching CBeebies only for it to launch into a "Whose your black role model?" and a monologue on Oprah Witney rising from poverty to queen of the USA and the usual turgid Nelson Mandela shit. C'mon kids, email in and let us know who YOUR black hero is......." Monty is 17 months old and wants to lick the TV when Paddington comes on, not to be guilted for a certain demographics massive chip on the shoulder.

For fucks sake, this literally is taking it too far and I really don't believe kids see colour like adults do - here they're being trained to differentiate black and white and equate black to heroes.........Pure reverse racism. I can switch off to Mister Tumble whilst working from home but I'm now sat here waiting for someone to take a knee. I've never really got into this militant shit about not paying TV licence but I honestly think a line has been drawn here and the time has come.

Is nothing sacred??? Can't our kids be allowed to grow up without having an agenda forced upon them??? If I paid £3 a month for little Amina to have clean water she can ******* stick it, I hope she drowns in her muddy puddle.
Whereas I 100% agree, why not refuse to watch programmes like that and entertain/educate your little one instead of subjecting them to leftist propaganda (because that is exactly what it is).

An Abbott postbox? Well the IQs are about the same but where can they get that much cast iron at short notice.

Not strictly British I know. But Idi Amin was in the British Army. Meteoric rise from Private to Field Marshal, and leader of His country. Stick Him on a pillar box.... :rolleyes:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Whereas I 100% agree, why not refuse to watch programmes like that and entertain/educate your little one instead of subjecting them to leftist propaganda (because that is exactly what it is).
Because look at how it's done: bright lights, jingly music, all the stuff that kids will want to watch and get upset if they can't. But, then, the propaganda is slipped in.

This is every bit as bad as the Hitler Youth and Young Pioneers. It's indoctrination.

Latest Threads