Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

I have been called "coconut" and "whitewashed" by some asians and a lot of blacks just because I have white friends. This is racism itself.

Not with wokeism, only white people who aren't XLW can be racist remember

Torygraph extract

Gladstone’s portrait could carry slavery plaque in Parliament review
The review comes in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests and will assess the portraits of figures connected to the slave trade

ByHarry Yorke, POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT30 September 2020 • 8:08pm

A portrait of Sir Robert Peel belonging to the Parliamentary art collection

A portrait of Sir Robert Peel belonging to the Parliamentary art collection
Portraits of former prime ministers could soon be accompanied by plaques making clear their links to the slave trade after Parliament on Wednesday launched an audit of its art collection in the wake of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Parliament will for the first time undertake a “systematic review” of its entire collection in order to address the chequered histories of some of its most distinguished members.
The review, which will be led by a cross-party group of MPs who advise the Speaker, will also assess whether greater prominence should be given to BAME figures and those who helped to abolish the slave trade in 1807.
Initial research has already identified 232 out of 9,500 works of art which have links to the transatlantic slave trade, including 189 which depict 24 people who either had ties to slavery or profited from it.
Among those listed as having “financial or family interests in the slave trade” are Tory prime ministers Robert Peel, who served two terms between 1834-35 and 1841-1846, Lord Liverpool, who served from 1812-1827, and the Liberal William Gladstone, who served as prime minister for 12 years over four terms between 1868 and 1894.
The inclusion of all three is likely to stir debate among historians. Peel, although the son of a cotton trader, campaigned for the abolition of slavery, while both Lord Liverpool and Gladstone’s views evolved over time.

How in any way is this relevant?

What you saw was someone pointing out that someone else was being a bellend. What relevance did their ethnicity, hell their gender, have to this line?
Having noticed the propensity of the vibrant and diverse habit of ignoring rules and laws coz they is racist.(see prisons) The sex and skin tone are very relevant as reverse them and have a white female or male chastise one of the untouchables a squeel of dats rasisit or a gentle stabbing would be on the cards.

My black heroes would be the West Coast slave traders who kidnapped their fellow Africans to sell for profit. Fantastic entrepreneurial role models. Bravo.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There's two African chaps in another department in the business where I work. One is fairly good at his (undemanding) job, the other is less than mediocre, however both feel that any criticism towards them is because they is black. Several complaints to HR about racism have produced either no specific allegations, nor have identified anyone.

I have it from a reliable source that it's gone to the MD & legal team who sanctioned disciplinary proceedings against them if they continue with this blanket smear. Of course they will claim racism, but they will get the point in the end when they're looking at final written warnings over spurious unsubstantiated claims to detract from their own inadequacies.
This has been going for many years, despite what people may claim.

Going back to my post where I challenged on white privilege and was told "it's in the institutions": a former boss of mine's wife worked in the public sector in Hammersmith. Timeframe was the very early 1990s. She had someone on her team who was both incompetent and unpleasant. Getting rid of her, however, was nigh-impossible because she played the race card.

That was over 20 years ago, and yet you'd think from looking at the BBC or listening to BLM that everything in this country is stacked against anyone black - and specifically black, not BAME. We had a degree of institutional bias over two decades ago - in favour of the non-white part of the population. This Marxist activism was common even then.

It is not 'racism' to tell someone that they're failing, if indeed they are - whether professionally or in their attitude to others. It is though cynical and petulant to play the race card if your failings are highlighted. More importantly, if it happens often then people are going to start to stereotype the groups of people likely to do it.

Stereotypes and cliches have their bases in fact. They don't just arise spontaneously.

The case I referred to involved previously SWMBO, genuinely one of the most tolerant people I know. For reference, she and I attended a Bangladeshi colleague's family wedding a few years back - the only one of the Bangladeshi girl's colleagues to be invited. We flew to the Philippines to see another of her colleagues get married a few years ago. One of her Zimbabwean colleagues pops by for coffee whenever she's passing. SWMBO is also on the LBGT+ support group at work.

She's not a bigot, and very visibly not so.

She rang me from work one day, telling me she was about to step out of the office and call me away from her desk. She sounded very concerned. I wondered whether she'd been made redundant.

The shock in her voice was because HR had called her in and told her about a couple of incidents in which she and her boss had been accused of racism. She was in shock purely because, as the incidents were imaginary, she'd had something parachuted into her day entirely unexpectedly.

The accuser's downfall came about because in one of the supposed incidents she alleged that SWMBO and her boss had colluded against her and berated 'people of colour' (a term SWMBO never uses) in a meeting.

There were 16 other witnesses in that meeting to this not happening. Nevertheless, HR said that they were taking the incident 'seriously', and not in favour of SWMBO and her boss.

Her boss is a strident type and engaged a solicitor. There was eventually a climb-down. Her boss also made a very important point: unless the allegation was entirely expunged from the record, it would always hang over the two accused.

The person making the allegations, in reality, should have faced a charge of slander. Instead, she was allowed to go quietly.

How anyone can say that the institutions and companies in this country are biased against minorities, and black people in particular, is beyond me. Even before the current furore (and the incident involving SWMBO happened the year before last), in the current legal climate they simply wouldn't bloody dare.

...and that's a good thing. It's how it should be. So it really grips my shít that 'activists' try to get away with stating that it's any different.

But it also makes it harder for those from the BAME communities who work hard and play fair. That's very unfair. It's not the institutions causing it, though. It's the sense of entitlement of a nasty little cohort within some sections of the BAME community.

Last edited:
Indeed

The man largely responsible for turning the breadbasket of Africa into the basketcase of Africa.

It's all whiteys fault though the XLW woke brigade tell us so, so it must be true

The review, which will be led by a cross-party group of MPs who advise the Speaker, will also assess whether greater prominence should be given to BAME figures and those who helped to abolish the slave trade in 1807.
Initial research has already identified 232 out of 9,500 works of art which have links to the transatlantic slave trade, including 189 which depict 24 people who either had ties to slavery or profited from it.
Among those listed as having “financial or family interests in the slave trade” are Tory prime ministers Robert Peel, who served two terms between 1834-35 and 1841-1846, Lord Liverpool, who served from 1812-1827, and the Liberal William Gladstone, who served as prime minister for 12 years over four terms between 1868 and 1894.

Now I may not be great with maths, but...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There's 4 across the UK, each one reflecting on a successful UK black personality, and Lenny Henry. I quite like the idea.
It'd be more fitting for Henry's to be painted flange pink.

........It's the sense of entitlement of a nasty little cohort within some sections of the BAME community.

Yes, but also because of those who look for reasons to take umbrage at what they consider racism on behalf of the
BAME community. Please don't misunderstand me; it can be right and proper to stand up for a minority's interests. But those who seem to automatically assume racism have got it wrong.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
An Abbott postbox? Well the IQs are about the same but where can they get that much cast iron at short notice.
A speshul one, to denote her, er,stature as an MP, perhaps:

1601542063501.png

Yes, but also because of those who look for reasons to take umbrage at what they consider racism on behalf of the
BAME community. Please don't misunderstand me; it can be right and proper to stand up for a minority's interests. But those who seem to automatically assume racism have got it wrong.

That's not very woke, unless you're assuming every white person who isn't WLW is racist then you are literally a racist

If only our boarder force could employ them To reverse the process.

Seriously, I thought border farce were a taxi service with the remit to bring as many illegals into the country as they get away with

Latest Threads