Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

Definitely. And there were just a few thousands Indians with him, as opposed to the millions fighting for the Raj.
By all accounts INA troops captured in India/Burma in 1944/45 by Indian troops were treated far more harshly than those captured by the British. That part is not mentioned in modern day india though.

On a more serious note, here is (in my opinion) an effectively pointless piece of journalism from the outlet I am forced to pay for. A heading with opening statements to knock the Met Police (as always).

The fact a 10 year old boy was stabbed to death regardless of colour/sex/religion is truly, truly wretched but this article is just click bait.

So what lessons have been learned from a murder by 2 black kids on another even younger black kid under a then Labour Government?

Police bad? Or just a continuing story of shite parents and murderous crime from a small cross section of our population?

Answers on a postcard to Baroness Lawrence please. Ensuring you knock the Met Police for failure somewhere along the line.

On a more serious note, here is (in my opinion) an effectively pointless piece of journalism from the outlet I am forced to pay for. A heading with opening statements to knock the Met Police (as always).

The fact a 10 year old boy was stabbed to death regardless of colour/sex/religion is truly, truly wretched but this article is just click bait.

So what lessons have been learned from a murder by 2 black kids on another even younger black kid under a then Labour Government?

Police bad? Or just a continuing story of shite parents and murderous crime from a small cross section of our population?

Answers on a postcard to Baroness Lawrence please. Ensuring you knock the Met Police for failure somewhere along the line.

Funny how the media (or Baroness Lawrence) never get noisy about this poor lad.

bestri10

Old-Salt

sounds like the bbc race baiting as usual trying to link it to the murder of stephen lawrence (going as far as describing both boys as "black boys") who was murdered because of his race whereas this boy was not he was murdered by other blacks and by consequence of his own actions joining a gang and most definitely shit parents, if your boy is that young and in a gang you fucked up somewhere along the line and you cannot sit and say he was killed somewhere he shouldn't be because it was dangerous, if it's dangerous for a young lad to walk home alone go ******* get him. they cant moan about the length of time it took for police to make arrests when no one wanted to talk to police about the incident and help them out. i will also note and this is probably one of the biggest factors in this incident, the boy was raised in a single parent household without a dad, coincidence?
they also moan about how police were not putting police officers in high crime areas as such but nowadays they are trying to put police in higher crime areas but everyone is moaning and protesting against this because coincidentally they are all black dominant areas and the labour voting cnuts at the bbc are some of those who have this very opinion.

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
Saw this on the BBC front page yesterday and had the dubious pleasure of watching it
BBC - The Social, Scotland, Sainsbury's Advert Backlash | Spilling The Black Tea

A 3 minute diatribe about how racist the UK is, seemingly endorsed by the BBC with no opposing viewpoint offered

Notice how she implies that whites don't seem to have a problem with appropriating black 'words & culture' while she herself is sitting in a house with heating and plumbing, wearing clothes and clearly well fed. Will she give those things back to the whites? Practically everything she will use on a daily basis was invented by a white man.

Notice how these people never mention leaving the UK if it is so overtly racist. Why would you want to live here?

Completely misses the point about the Sainsburys advert.
People kicked off about it because EVERY Christmas advert this year appears to show a black or mixed race family (Mrs is always white, bloke always a POC).

I don't really watch tv. I get my entertainment from streaming services or I watch MOTD on BBC. so no adverts. But recently I noticed the West Wing, which I am a big fan of, was available on ALL 4 (Channel 4's streaming service). ALL 4 has adverts.
Can confirm that almost every advert has a black protagonist, or black or mixed race family.
Or failing that, the voice over is by someone that sounds like they're from inner city London and talk like a gangsta innit blud.

If an alien landed from outer space, and all they had to go on was tv, you'd think the UK was akin to South Africa. Blacks in the majority with a smaller population of whites and asians.

But if you ever point this out, you are a racist. No, just confused why my country is being portrayed as some kind of Wakanda when the vast majority of the population is white.

Edit; For typos

Bob65

War Hero
Notice how she implies that whites don't seem to have a problem with appropriating black 'words & culture'

I witnessed a strange example of this the other day. Black people didn't invent macaroni, nor did they invent cheese, nor did they invent the idea of combining the two. But if a White person - presumably including Italians, or at least Italian-Americans in this incident - eats macaroni and cheese, that's apparently cultural appropriation.

Edit: I was curious as to who did invent it, and it was the English!

Saw this on the BBC front page yesterday and had the dubious pleasure of watching it
BBC - The Social, Scotland, Sainsbury's Advert Backlash | Spilling The Black Tea

A 3 minute diatribe about how racist the UK is, seemingly endorsed by the BBC with no opposing viewpoint offered

Notice how she implies that whites don't seem to have a problem with appropriating black 'words & culture' while she herself is sitting in a house with heating and plumbing, wearing clothes and clearly well fed. Will she give those things back to the whites? Practically everything she will use on a daily basis was invented by a white man.

Notice how these people never mention leaving the UK if it is so overtly racist. Why would you want to live here?

Completely misses the point about the Sainsburys advert.
People kicked off about it because EVERY Christmas advert this year appears to show a black or mixed race family (Mrs is always white, bloke always a POC).

I don't really watch tv. I get my entertainment from streaming services or I watch MOTD on BBC. so no adverts. But recently I noticed the West Wing, which I am a big fan of, was available on ALL 4 (Channel 4's streaming service). ALL 4 has adverts.
Can confirm that almost every advert has a black protagonist, or black or mixed race family.
Or failing that, the voice over is by someone that sounds like they're from inner city London and talk like a gangsta innit blud.

If an alien landed from outer space, and all they had to go on was tv, you'd think the UK was akin to South Africa. Blacks in the majority with a smaller population of whites and asians.

But if you ever point this out, you are a racist. No, just confused why my country is being portrayed as some kind of Wakanda when the vast majority of the population is white.

Edit; For typos
This. This is the bit that grips my shit (well that any every family in the UK is now apparently of mixed race).

Don't you go assuming Man Friday's gender. He was a theyservant not a manservant.

There's a thought.

A swashbuckling remake of Robinson Crusoe with (of course) Idris Elba as Robinson Crusoe and token white bloke (Eddie Redmayne probably) as Man Friday. You heard it here first.

Actually, possibly not a good idea to have an actor of colour playing a character called Robinson........

My bold ... nah this Eddie would be more apt ..

1606485634450.png

Londo

LE
I witnessed a strange example of this the other day. Black people didn't invent macaroni, nor did they invent cheese, nor did they invent the idea of combining the two. But if a White person - presumably including Italians, or at least Italian-Americans in this incident - eats macaroni and cheese, that's apparently cultural appropriation.

Edit: I was curious as to who did invent it, and it was the English!
There was something in the papers the other day about the permanently offended getting out their prams because McDonalds have started adding a jerk chicken wrap (how revolting) to their menu .
Crying about cultural appropriation and so forth but what about the rest of the menu ? I bet every single item had been thought up by people other than POC but it's OK for these whingers and whiners to scoff their way through those . Several times a day looking at some of them .
cultural appropriation my ARRSE

Last edited:
There was something in the papers the other day about the permanently offended getting out their prams because McDonalds have started adding a chicken wrap (how revolting) to their menu .
Crying about cultural appropriation and so forth but what about the rest of the menu ? I bet every single item had been thought up by people other than POC but it's OK for these whingers and whiners to scoff their way through those . Several times a day looking at some of them .
The Metro tells me;
Jerk cooking is believed by historians to come from indigenous Taino people and Maroons - descendants of Africans who were enslaved in the Caribbean islands.

Londo

LE
The Metro tells me;
Jerk cooking is believed by historians to come from indigenous Taino people and Maroons - descendants of Africans who were enslaved in the Caribbean islands.
Even less reason for them to start fussing about cultural appropriation then . It seems a very one way street .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There was something in the papers the other day about the permanently offended getting out their prams because McDonalds have started adding a chicken wrap (how revolting) to their menu .
Did they even have chickens in Africa back in the day?

The Metro tells me;
And, the domestic chicken NOT indigenous to the Caribbean ! More than likely bought in by europeans ?

Latest Threads