Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

Sana

Clanker
True, but they can be coons, uncle toms and house negros, which are terms routinely applied to people like Larry Elder and Candace Owens. Candace Owens was called a "bed wench" for marrying a white Englishman. This is all vile and blatant racism but the left seems to get a pass which confirms to me that BLM et al couldn't really give a flying xxxx about race and racism. It is simply a weaponised "issue" to get attention for their war on capitalism.

I have been called "coconut" and "whitewashed" by some asians and a lot of blacks just because I have white friends. This is racism itself.

Last edited:
Has a White British person ever claimed and won a discrimination against a factory that only employs EU nationals?
I don’t know about any factory action, so to speak, but I remember reading about a white social worker applying for a job in Harringay (where else!) in the mid-eighties who won a court action for racial discrimination.

She was one of two people applying for a more senior position and even though she was better qualified, the other applicant (who was black) got the job.

If she were British, she would probably have chuntered a bit and got on with life, but unfortunately for Harringay council this woman was dual-passport American and so naturally reached for a lawyer.

She won her case, principally because the council rep said in court something along the lines of, ‘we thought we could apply positive discrimination’.

I could be wrong and happy to be corrected, but as I understand it this is one of the cases that caused a change in the law so that demographic information is kept separate from qualifications, at least back when applications were on paper.

Sana

Clanker
I am not going to be popular for this, but imagine a world where you never saw white role models on the television. Where you had to have "the talk" about what to do on seeing a [black] policeman; when you are stopped driving your nice car for being white; when you felt you had to be twice as good as anyone else for a) getting a job in the workplace, b) keeping it and c0 getting promoted.

These are pretty difficult concepts for most of us. Ask yourself also, by seeing people of colour on the TV and hearing about their role models what harm is it doing you? None, but think about the positives for a child of colour. If we just go by BAME percentages seen on television nothing will change for kids of any colour.

If you don't like it of course you can switch off and close your mind. But (and here's the rub) if you carry on watching you may learn something...

In a country of 87%-90% whites of course you will see mostly whites on the telly. Yet now you see so many non-whites on TV compared to 10-20 years ago. There are far more blacks than asians in media and entertainment, despite there being double more asians than blacks in this country, but you you don't hear asians complaining about this. Now you see so many asians working as news readers and weather presenters.

Last edited:
This bunch of kaka?

So the first lady gives a rather severe dressing down to someone off camera for "antagonising the space" and forces him to apologise, and then the second lady proceeds to give a somewhat aggressive polemic telling other people how they should think.

It would appear that the definition of antagonistic in this context would be "not sharing our opinion".

Tyk

LE
Because those would be micro-aggressions.

...asking someone where they're from implies that they're not from here, you see. S'racist.

The last person to ask me where I'm from was my Jamaican friend's dad. Why? Because he was interested in my heritage.

Aye, but they managed to get a nice picture in of her dressed in all the gear.

I'm often asked where I'm from, but I work all over the UK and EU and I have a fairly trained accent that people can't place, a combination of a decent education and having to speak clearly with non native English speakers as I usually can't speak their language.
It's a perfectly normal thing for people to ask, no aggression involved unless people are actively looking to take offence in which case they can feck right off.

Sana

Clanker
Because those would be micro-aggressions.

...asking someone where they're from implies that they're not from here, you see. S'racist.

The last person to ask me where I'm from was my Jamaican friend's dad. Why? Because he was interested in my heritage.

Aye, but they managed to get a nice picture in of her dressed in all the gear.

I get asked "where are you from?" all the time. I don't find it offensive, as I know that I don't look like most British people nor do I have the same name as them.

They'd still have asked - I rather think that's the point

Would they? Perhaps their job is to monitor and control restricted areas. I would hardly expect to be mistaken for a lawyer bimbling around the law courts in mufti because I happen to be of European descent.

I've been through airports to ferry an aircraft in civvies and taken for a passenger pretty much every time, despite a briefcase full of Jepps and headset.

It would have taken so very little time for her to explain before hand that she was indeed a barrister, and defray and possible misunderstandings
they are not expected to recognise every one coming into court

Not if she's spring loaded to the offended position and looking for an excuse to throw a frothy.

I’ve been watching the highlights of last nights games on Sky Sports this morning. I wanted to see the highlights of the games not to watch highlights of every team ‘taking the knee’

The world is going bonkers.

I’ve been watching the highlights of last nights games on Sky Sports this morning. I wanted to see the highlights of the games not to watch highlights of every team ‘taking the knee’

The world is going bonkers.
I suppose, after that irish bloke McLean was lambasted for not wearing a poppy, no player would refuse to do the knee thing.
Freedom of choice? Only if it is OUR choice.

What strikes me is it's a one-sided story without a full response from the other side.

Call me cynical but I can think of someone very close to me who was accused (entirely untruthfully) of racism at work. The company's initial response to try and persuade the two 'accused' to apologise. It was only when they said 'no way' that the company did the right thing and started to take their objections seriously.

The underlying story was that the woman who made the accusation was failing in her job and trying to divert from that. She eventually left. However, the reaction of many organisations when faced with a race issue is to act like a rabbit in the headlights.

I'm not saying one way or another in this case but I don't see a right to reply from those she dealt directly. One person's story is presented as fact and largely unchallenged.

There's two African chaps in another department in the business where I work. One is fairly good at his (undemanding) job, the other is less than mediocre, however both feel that any criticism towards them is because they is black. Several complaints to HR about racism have produced either no specific allegations, nor have identified anyone.

I have it from a reliable source that it's gone to the MD & legal team who sanctioned disciplinary proceedings against them if they continue with this blanket smear. Of course they will claim racism, but they will get the point in the end when they're looking at final written warnings over spurious unsubstantiated claims to detract from their own inadequacies.

There's two African chaps in another department in the business where I work. One is fairly good at his (undemanding) job, the other is less than mediocre, however both feel that any criticism towards them is because they is black. Several complaints to HR about racism have produced either no specific allegations, nor have identified anyone.

I have it from a reliable source that it's gone to the MD & legal team who sanctioned disciplinary proceedings against them if they continue with this blanket smear. Of course they will claim racism, but they will get the point in the end when they're looking at final written warnings over spurious unsubstantiated claims to detract from their own inadequacies.

Sounds to me that your legal team is racist.

Perhaps, had she been wearing, a wig, long black cloak and carrying briefs or towing a trolley full of files then maybe she would have been identified as a cleaner. :cool:

Mate, I work near Oxford and our company uses lots of Students and post-grads out of Uni term-time, and a large chunk have higher qualifications than most of the senior management.

We have Pickers & Packers doing an Msc in one 'ology or another

Yah, good luck with that, considering the ongoing one sided shit show.

But you owe them a job because of slavery in the past and white mans oppression now. You should be grateful that they've chosen to work for your company and help you alleviate white mans guilt for all the nasty bad things being done.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I have been called "coconut" and "whitewashed" by some asians and a lot of blacks just because I have white friends. This is racism itself.
Black coppers were called that years ago.

I have also witnessed black women having a go at people for not wearing a mask.

How in any way is this relevant?

What you saw was someone pointing out that someone else was being a bellend. What relevance did their ethnicity, hell their gender, have to this line?

Latest Threads