Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

I am not going to be popular for this, but imagine a world where you never saw white role models on the television. Where you had to have "the talk" about what to do on seeing a [black] policeman; when you are stopped driving your nice car for being white; when you felt you had to be twice as good as anyone else for a) getting a job in the workplace, b) keeping it and c0 getting promoted.

These are pretty difficult concepts for most of us. Ask yourself also, by seeing people of colour on the TV and hearing about their role models what harm is it doing you? None, but think about the positives for a child of colour. If we just go by BAME percentages seen on television nothing will change for kids of any colour.

If you don't like it of course you can switch off and close your mind. But (and here's the rub) if you carry on watching you may learn something...
Pretty ignorant and arrogant statement.

Has a White British person ever claimed and won a discrimination against a factory that only employs EU nationals?

I seem to recall that perhaps someone did, several years ago. I cant remember enough to have more information outside of 'googlefu', I have heard of British people being discriminated against in the work place. It has had some press coverage a few times over the years, and I have spoken and meet a few people over the years that have decided to quit, some jobs as they didn't speak the same language as the majority did.

Of course one expects that to be able to get a job or too live fully in any nation, then being able to speaking the language is a no brainer.

Going off thread for a moment, I often wondered, how many of the very young remainers, that screamed and screeched that their opportunities to freely work anywhere within the EU was being snatched away, had the required level of language skills to work anywhere in the EU.

Black/mixed race in the Premiership are at a far higher percentage than the national average, yet you only hear the whining about not enough black people being football managers.
BLM have not just started acting like bellends they have done so for a long time.
So what exactly are the "issues"?
Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Man Utd, Wolves, West Ham Utd, Newcastle Utd and more you could all name have stadiums near or within large Asian communities. Yet none have Asian first team players. The only Asians you will see employed there will be in an office, cutting the grass, cleaning up, or manning the gates.

I am not going to be popular for this, but imagine a world where you never saw white role models on the television. Where you had to have "the talk" about what to do on seeing a [black] policeman; when you are stopped driving your nice car for being white; when you felt you had to be twice as good as anyone else for a) getting a job in the workplace, b) keeping it and c0 getting promoted.

These are pretty difficult concepts for most of us. Ask yourself also, by seeing people of colour on the TV and hearing about their role models what harm is it doing you? None, but think about the positives for a child of colour. If we just go by BAME percentages seen on television nothing will change for kids of any colour.

If you don't like it of course you can switch off and close your mind. But (and here's the rub) if you carry on watching you may learn something...
Imagine a world where you or your parents chose to move to a white country as a minority then complain about everything being " too white".

Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Man Utd, Wolves, West Ham Utd, Newcastle Utd and more you could all name have stadiums near or within large Asian communities. Yet none have Asian first team players. The only Asians you will see employed there will be in an office, cutting the grass, cleaning up, or manning the gates.

Wolves, Leicester and WBA are owned by Asians.

Imagine a world where you or your parents chose to move to a white country as a minority then complain about everything being " too white".

That's perfectly acceptable, but imagine moving to a black country as a minority then complaining about everything being "too black" you'd be a hideous XRW racist

I appreciate where you’re coming from, but a) this is not America* and b) the racial makeup of the larger cities (London and Birmingham I can testify to from personal experience, though I imagine others are similar), the idea that you’ll be penalised for being other than white doesn’t hold water.

That is not to say that racism doesn’t exist or that there aren’t petty people in positions of power, or even institutional racism in some places, but to suggest it’s the norm I would argue is not correct.

There is however a hyper-sensitivity to being held to account if you are from a racial minority, which is partly for justifiable historic reasons, but has been exploited by the BLM movement as proof of an endemically racist society.

When I was a young man in Hackney I might of argued it was a thing (when the sus law was in full swing and some of my school friends were stopped with no explanation and for no apparent justifiable reason), the reality now is very different.

The harm is that it’s deliberately calibrated to highlight division when division didn’t exist outside of extremist groups or individuals.

In all areas of British society it’s difficult to find an area where the BAME are not represented, quite often disproportionality to their percentage of the population (and I really hate that acronym; as if all racial groups other than white are some sort of homogeneous mass).

Two examples.

I now work for the NHS, which is one of the most racially inclusive, multi-national employers in the UK (and quite possibly the world), working cheek-by-jowl with people of all colours and all races, some of whom are new arrivals, some second/third generation.

And from surgeons to ancillary staff, we’re all treated the same; we all have the same work environment, with the same opportunities for advancement, if we choose to pursue it.

This is the largest single employer in Europe and at the heart of British society, so if the UK is an endemically racist place, the NHS would appear not to have got the memo.

But you ask who are BAME children supposed to watch on TV?

Hell, where to start?

How about sports?

In this country there aren’t many sports that don’t have positive examples (and in some cases are dominated by), British citizens who are also in a minority racial group (such as the Welsh**, who are fecking good at rugby and currently have, I think, the highest paid footie player in the world).

Politics, engineering, the media, your taxi driver or window cleaner, where exactly are the various ethnic groups missing out?

What am I supposed to be watching and what am I supposed to be learning? (that’s a genuine question, not a dig).

*As I understand it, the USA has a legacy racial problem that it has not resolved, though I’m also aware that I only in general view the headlines, except in areas that have a direct impact over this side of the pond.

** Oh, I’m going to get to get so much shit for that cheap gag.

Jammy66

War Hero
Funny - I said to a mate this morning when is all this BLM stuff going to stop. I mean, football and rugby teams are still 'taking the knee' before matches. So, one day when they stop doing that it must surely mean they don't care any more?

I get the idea of making a gesture in the immediate aftermath of the George Floyd incident as that was pretty shocking, but still doing it now? They don't have a minutes silence before every game for Remembrance Day do they, just around actual Remebrance Day.

Sorry but it's become a farce. BLM yes but 'we' aren't a racist country in the way that the USA obviously is in parts. I said early on that I personally found the whole BLM thing here rather insulting as it seems to infer that any non blacks are naturally racist towards them, and yes, of course, it brushes aside every other race or minority in one blow.

I did chuckle a bit to myself the other day when I witnessed a fight break out between a black man and woman when the woman had a go at the guy for not wearing a face mask going into a shop. Seems BLM doesn't matter if it's black on black abuse!

Enough now please!!!!

NSP

LE
Watch yourself, with a thread title like this you'll end up with a ban. I got a week long ban for using the c word...
Hardly surprising, if you dropped the C-bomb in Current Affairs.

This is the Intelligence Cell forum, a different section with different rules.

You're whining like a broken gearbox all over the Scottish Politics thread and giving it more here. Stop it, you wretch - it's only the internet.

I now work for the NHS, which is one of the most racially inclusive, multi-national employers in the UK (and quite possibly the world), working cheek-by-jowl with people of all colours and all races, some of whom are new arrivals, some second/third generation.

Question Time audience member walt!

There's a joke in there about a black hole:oops:..............better not though eh?
There very definitely is and I did very well not to open that can of worms considering this is the Int Cell. I'll leave it to others. I also resisted the temptation to post a piccy that would more than likely earn me a spell on the naughty step.

Sana

Clanker
I have also witnessed black women having a go at people for not wearing a mask. What a crazy year 2020 has been and things are getting crazier.

They really like making a fuss out of everything. Like complaining for the sake of complaining. We have come a long way since the racist violence of the 70's and 80's, with non-whites working in so many fields. There aren't any asians in football, but so many in cricket. People are getting angry against the BLM lot.