Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

" Alexandra Wilson is a junior barrister. She grew up in Essex and is the eldest of four children. Her mother is White British, her father is Black British and her paternal grandparents were born in Jamaica and came to England as part of the Windrush generation. Alexandra studied at the University of Oxford and was awarded two prestigious scholarships, enabling her to research the impact of police shootings in the US on young people's attitudes to the police. She went on to study for a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) and her Master of Laws at BPP University in London. Alexandra was awarded the first Queen's scholarship by the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, a scholarship awarded to students showing exceptional promise in a career at the Bar.Alongside her paid family and criminal law work, Alexandra helps to facilitate access to justice by providing legal representation for disenfranchised minorities and others on a pro-bono basis. Twitter: @EssexBarrister. "

So clearly walks into court with a nicely prepared chip on her shoulder and an agenda, looking to be offended before she even starts.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
"Ms Wilson, from Essex, said she had attended the magistrates' court - where barristers' traditional wigs and gowns are not usually worn - on Wednesday.

Upon arrival, she said a security officer asked for her name and then searched for it on a list of defendants.

"I explained I was a barrister. He apologised and guided me through security," Ms Wilson said.

He assumed she was a defendant because she was black. This happened 3 times within the day.
It would have taken so very little time for her to explain before hand that she was indeed a barrister, and defray and possible misunderstandings
they are not expected to recognise every one coming into court

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
How many bright red people that were involved in slavery can you name?
Most of the 18th cent RN were slaves. Dragged from their pubs and homes forcibly to serve at sea against the French,. Half starved and frozen, often 'flogged' they endured often with rat infested food and without pay. That was pure slavery, after the Napoleonics, the RN was used to fight the slave trade.
We as a nation have nothing to be ashamed of "If blood be the price of admiralty, God knows we have paid our wack in full" As for the rest... Black, Brown or coffee coloured ...Fukck em All!!

I listened to Four Thought on Radio 4 earlier today, which I usually quite enjoy.

They’re fifteen-minute lectures/speeches on anything and everything and are usually quite engaging, being by people I’ve never heard of, often presenting left-field thoughts about a particular topic or hobbyhorse.

On this occasion it was by a woman who had decided to read at least one book from every country in the world as a challenge to her pre-conceived ideas on what might make for good writing when seen through a different cultural lens.

See, now normally I would be commending her on the idea, consider it an interesting technical exercise and would be interested in her conclusions however, on this occasion I couldn’t get the suspicion out of my head that the only reason she’s getting airtime now is because it’s ‘black history month’ and it fits into a BBC agenda.

And that is what BLM and 'woke' has done to me: made me unable to listen (or watch) anything without thinking in terms of us/them.

Y’know, I grew up in the East End of London and most my closest friends from that time are black or brown and decent people, and it really feckin’ annoys me that until recently I never needed to say that.

BLM has done nothing except create, cultivate and push division.

cnuts.

Most of the woke supporters of BLM who join in the protests and ’take the knee’ don’t have a clue that BLM is a Marxist movement. Chief fund raiser Susan Rosenberg.

Co founder BLM Patrisse Khan-Cullors.

That aside it seems that nothing short of getting rid of statues, re-writing history, and what seems to be an abnormal skewing of attention towards a minority in advertising is the in thing at the moment.

The program on Nelson had to include the opinion of a black pundit over a letter, written by him, to a slave owner during his Naval career, had to get a dig in somehow, somewhere I guess.

All a ‘little' bit over the top.

BLM has done nothing except create, cultivate and push division.

cnuts.

That is what the Marxists want to achieve with BLM, and they seem to be doing a good job of it

Mary Hinge

War Hero
1601495010014.png

(I know, "you're" but in my defence I pinched it from some site.)

Most of the woke supporters of BLM who join in the protests and ’take the knee’ don’t have a clue that BLM is a Marxist movement. Chief fund raiser Susan Rosenberg.

Co founder BLM Patrisse Khan-Cullors.

That aside it seems that nothing short of getting rid of statues, re-writing history, and what seems to be an abnormal skewing of attention towards a minority in advertising is the in thing at the moment.

The program on Nelson had to include the opinion of a black pundit over a letter, written by him, to a slave owner during his Naval career, had to get a dig in somehow, somewhere I guess.

All a ‘little' bit over the top.

Want a bunch of racists, one of them is a hideously white woman

Chimp

ADC
I am not going to be popular for this, but imagine a world where you never saw white role models on the television. Where you had to have "the talk" about what to do on seeing a [black] policeman; when you are stopped driving your nice car for being white; when you felt you had to be twice as good as anyone else for a) getting a job in the workplace, b) keeping it and c0 getting promoted.

These are pretty difficult concepts for most of us. Ask yourself also, by seeing people of colour on the TV and hearing about their role models what harm is it doing you? None, but think about the positives for a child of colour. If we just go by BAME percentages seen on television nothing will change for kids of any colour.

If you don't like it of course you can switch off and close your mind. But (and here's the rub) if you carry on watching you may learn something...

I am not going to be popular for this, but imagine a world where you never saw white role models on the television. Where you had to have "the talk" about what to do on seeing a [black] policeman; when you are stopped driving your nice car for being white; when you felt you had to be twice as good as anyone else for a) getting a job in the workplace, b) keeping it and c0 getting promoted.

These are pretty difficult concepts for most of us. Ask yourself also, by seeing people of colour on the TV and hearing about their role models what harm is it doing you? None, but think about the positives for a child of colour. If we just go by BAME percentages seen on television nothing will change for kids of any colour.

If you don't like it of course you can switch off and close your mind. But (and here's the rub) if you carry on watching you may learn something...
Bollocks.

The role models start in the home, oh wait...

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

I can understand that
however in the USA far too many black role models are a poor course to follow
my family is mixed race, every one got on, they bitched about football a lot, but I dont remember colour being an issue
I have however through my working life, met and worked alongside many black people, I just never really noticed the colour, more their name and personality
but I have also had to listen to a couple of young men we employed talking about shanking, sucking through there teeth, and generally worshiping rap culture and american gang culture
it lasted for about 15 minutes, until one lad stoood up and told them to shut the F up , and stop acting like a couple of dumbarse americans from the ghetto, take a look around and whats on offer, and accept you might be to blame for your problems
one lad in particular he really launched into for being a fat idle lazy workshy slob
and then the fat one said those magic words
is it cos I is black
no its because you are a feckless bone idle workshy lump of lard
a massive cheer went up
oddly the lad putting them in their place is black, hard working with a family and a lovely wife
he is also a hard worker, punctual, and a first class carpenter
its all down to role models, its so easy to use the blame game
Bill Cosby ( Mr Jello as my American friend calls him)
before all this sex stuff came out, wrote a book about growing up, his mother and father working all the hours
back in the late 30s, he said they were poor, but always had clothes and shoes, always a a full belly
and always well spoken, he joined the US navy and was ripped into for his creased shirt
he said my shirt was creased, but the white officer never mentioned my colour
it didnt matter in the navy then
but so many young men want role models who love em and leave em, sit around looking cool driving big cars and doing no work
thats the real problem

So why just black and not BAME, unless they're a complete bunch of Marxist racists?

Did a “thumbs up” to post 2. Rest, TLDR.
I have just finished re-reading “Flash For Freedom! For all of those suffering a surfeit of information, have a re-read of this and it might help defuse some pressure.
And...I’m out of here. I have my own stuff to do, and my own life to lead.

Chimp

ADC
I can understand that
however in the USA far too many black role models are a poor course to follow
my family is mixed race, ever one got on, they bitched about football a lot, but I dont remember colour being an issue
I have howeveer trhough my working life, met and worked alongside many black people, I just never really noticed the colour, more their name and personality
but I have also had to listen to a couple of young men we employed talking about shanking, sucking through there teeth, and generally worshiping rap culture and american gang culture
it lasted for about 15 minutes, until one lad stoood up and told them to shut the F up , and stop acting like a couple of dumbarse americans from the ghetto, take a look around and whats on offer, and accept you might be to blame for your problems
onelad in particular he really launched into for being a fat idle lazy workshy slob
and then the fat one said those magic words
is it cos I is black
no its because you are a feckless bone idle workshy lump of lard
a massive cheer went up
oddly the lad putting them in there place is black, hard working with a family and a lovely wife
he is also a hard worker, punctual, and a first class carpenter
its all down to role models, its so easy to use the blame game
Bill Cosby ( Mr Jello as my American friend calls him)
before all this sex stuff came out, wrote a book about growing up, his mother and father working all the hours
back in the late 30s, he said they were poor, but always had clothes and shoes, always a a full belly
and always well spoken, he joined the US navy and was ripped into for his creased shirt
he said my shirt was creased, but the white officer neveer mentioned my colour
it didnt matter in the navy then
but so many young men want role models who love em and leave em, sit around looking cool driving big cars and doing no work
thats the real problem
Thank you for your perspective. The US is very different in many ways, I spent a year with the USMC and the racial tensions bubbling underneath were capped by the amazing bond of the Corps and discipline.

We are not in a good place at the moment but a change needs to happen. Certainly in the UK we have an intelligent young BAME contingent that is educated and or being educated that is not afraid to raise its head above the parapet. As with all movements, it won't get everything right. The do no accept the status quo though.

Latest Threads