Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What strikes me is it's a one-sided story without a full response from the other side.

Call me cynical but I can think of someone very close to me who was accused (entirely untruthfully) of racism at work. The company's initial response to try and persuade the two 'accused' to apologise. It was only when they said 'no way' that the company did the right thing and started to take their objections seriously.

The underlying story was that the woman who made the accusation was failing in her job and trying to divert from that. She eventually left. However, the reaction of many organisations when faced with a race issue is to act like a rabbit in the headlights.

I'm not saying one way or another in this case but I don't see a right to reply from those she dealt directly. One person's story is presented as fact and largely unchallenged.
Similar thing, but I was the accused. Asian fellow was calling me a soft, southern poofta because of my accent. I asked him what nationality he was , and he went ape-shit, calling me a white, pork-eating racist. When I tried to tell him that he had made racist comments at me, he told me I was white and couldn't be racially insulted! He kept calling me a racist until I kicked him in the balls

Tyk

LE
We should all listen to God,

Morgan Freeman is a very wise man. He summed up in a few seconds the solution to the "problem" which isn't a problem.

It's true the USA had (past tense) slavery and had (past tense) the Jim Crow laws, but they're gone and rightly so.
As Mr Freeman just said I don't call you a white man and you don't call me a black man. It's a simple philosophy of treat everyone decently and ignore immutable characteristics that, in reality, mean exactly nothing.

I got hauled in for calling a female worker "Luv." Advised that I should not use terms of endearment which could be construed as inappropriate. All good but then same woman complained I was being racist as I wouldn't talk to her. :cool:

NSP

LE
Well I guess it explains the superiority of the Katanka armoured car then...
Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to put the sticks of his fireworks in old milk bottles, like the rest of us...?

Last edited:
I'm surprised that BLM aren't protesting the demise of Uncle Ben - black people, already under-represented in the field of iconic, much-loved internationally-recognised branding and trademarks, are now even more under-represented.

Where's the outrage at such blatant whitewashing?

You can't say "whitewashing" that's racist and implies that blackwashing is inferior

You actually start with the option that anyone walking through the doors could be anything from a crim to a magistrate.

You make no assumptions
You ask them for their name
You ask them what their business is with the court,

Simples...
Why waste your time if they have a scouse accent?

Shit. They missed one.

Aunt May's.jpg

This is the kind of thing that minorities have to put up with on a regular basis. Once can be shrugged off but when it happens on a regular basis it's very tedious,

Let us look at what happened in her own words.

A black barrister mistaken for a defendant three times in one day has received an apology from court officials.
Criminal and family lawyer Alexandra Wilson, 25, said the experience had left her "absolutely exhausted".
She lodged a formal complaint after being challenged by a security officer, a solicitor and a clerk.
Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) apologised for the "totally unacceptable behaviour".
Ms Wilson, from Essex, said she had attended the magistrates' court - where barristers' traditional wigs and gowns are not usually worn - on Wednesday.

So three occurance within the same location and day, all then being atrributed to deliberate and targeted malice against herself.

Upon arrival, she said a security officer asked for her name and then searched for it on a list of defendants.
"I explained I was a barrister. He apologised and guided me through security," Ms Wilson said.

So security person, who if we can allow the assumtion had never seen her before, on being told her name, then went through the lists.

So firstly I wish to know, how many lists were there, what particular order were they in. I would like to have asked her if it had occur to her while giving her name also too mention she was a barrister, or did she expect the security person, to be a fcuking mind-reader.

After meeting her client, she tried to enter a courtroom to discuss the case with the prosecutor.
"Another barrister or solicitor sitting at the back of the court told me to go outside and wait and to sign in with the usher for my case.
"I explained again I was a barrister and she looked awfully embarrassed and said 'I see'.

"At this point as I was already pretty annoyed, but I went over to the prosecutor and then the clerk told me very loudly to get out of the court room because I had to wait for my case to come on.
"I was nearly in tears, and I said again, 'I am a defence barrister', and she nodded her head and turned back to her computer."

So is the 'barrister or solicitor' who was female, and told her to go wait outside and sign in, a racist bigot or a person, in being disturbed by someone unknown to them and likely unexpected to be entering the court room at that time, either being 'rude' or even perhaps offering some advice ' direction.

We dont know, and without context and statements from that person we will never know. What we do know is that when this occurred, a clerk of the court another female, stated to be working on a computer thus unlikely to be directly observing, turned around to her and "loudly to get out of the court room".

Now clerks of the court, are not renown for being overly caring or polite. Any of us who have had dealing with such people in such roles will not be surprised to find that a simple truth, and act accordingly by not being that bothered.

Thus i doubt many would be terribly surprised to find that telling them 'I am a defence barrister' is likely more to elicit a nonplus 'nod of the head and back to working on the computer' rather than a fulsome apology, I suspect most of us would likely think that we are more likely to die a long slow death before they bother not to be offhand and rude as a matter of course.

In addition, she said, a member of the public thought she was a journalist and told her "only lawyers can go in" the courtroom.
"All of that in one day, it made me feel exhausted," she said.
"This really isn't ok... I don't expect to have to constantly justify my existence at work."

Fcuk me a random member of the public... I should care.

Morgan Freeman is a very wise man. He summed up in a few seconds the solution to the "problem" which isn't a problem.

It's true the USA had (past tense) slavery and had (past tense) the Jim Crow laws, but they're gone and rightly so.
As Mr Freeman just said I don't call you a white man and you don't call me a black man. It's a simple philosophy of treat everyone decently and ignore immutable characteristics that, in reality, mean exactly nothing.
Exactly this.
Morgan Freeman has hit the nail on the head.
He's a rather wise man.

Perhaps, had she been wearing, a wig, long black cloak and carrying briefs or towing a trolley full of files then maybe she would have been identified as a cleaner. :cool:

It's ironic that none of the so called black heroes or role models would have achieved anywhere near what they have achieved if it wasn't for white institutions. Entertainment, sport, academia, music and media all evolved from the hard work, dedication and foresight of mostly white Europeans. If somebody could let me know of a successful black person who had no contact whatsoever with white people then I would be quite happy to see them honoured and admired.
Shaka. Eventually met white people.

I work with a whole bunch of miscellaneous foreign types and I don't even bother asking which country people are from these days, it's simpler.

I have a cute little dusky friend that has to answer "where are you from" with "here" more often than ought to happen.

Last edited:
"Ms Wilson, from Essex, said she had attended the magistrates' court - where barristers' traditional wigs and gowns are not usually worn - on Wednesday.

Upon arrival, she said a security officer asked for her name and then searched for it on a list of defendants.

"I explained I was a barrister. He apologised and guided me through security," Ms Wilson said.

He assumed she was a defendant because she was black. This happened 3 times within the day.

Man does security check. Black woman takes offence. Security checks are now racist, apparently.

What a crock of self aggrandisement.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I work with a whole bunch of miscellaneous foreign types and I don't even bother asking which country people are from these days, it's simpler.
Because those would be micro-aggressions.

...asking someone where they're from implies that they're not from here, you see. S'racist.

The last person to ask me where I'm from was my Jamaican friend's dad. Why? Because he was interested in my heritage.
Man does security check. Black woman takes offence. Security checks are now racist, apparently.

What a crock of self aggrandisement.
Aye, but they managed to get a nice picture in of her dressed in all the gear.

Black post boxes is the latest craze from the Post Office and being promoted on the BBC,

What grips my shite is Mary Seacole described as a nurse ! I got 'chuggered' up in London when, they were collecting for that statue in front of St Thomas's. This young lady started regaling me with Seacole's exploits in the Crimea, unfortunately for her I had just finished reading Seacoles bio on my kindle and, basically shot everything she said,down in flames.

Seacole was a businesswomen who went to the Crimea to open and run what was called 'The British Hotel', a cross between a commisary and a sutlers for Officers, a place wher they could purchase goodies to make their lives easier and, drink in 'civilised' company, she would occassionaly nurse the odd squaddie but, did less than the Regt. Medical Assistants on the battlefield. Before she went,she is purported to have written to Flo,asking for a job,Flo turned her down (according to the BBC play, it was a face to face meeting and, the snobby,racist Flo, told her to sod off) none of which happened !

The miraculous Mary is also supposed to have travelled from the Crimea,to Scutari and back in 24 hrs ?

A charlatan,bigged up by the black community, to the detriment of Florence Nightingale who, really did found the Royal College of Nursing at St Thomas Hospital.

Try ' Mary Seacole: The Making of the Myth ' by Lynn McDonald .

anglo

LE
"Ms Wilson, from Essex, said she had attended the magistrates' court - where barristers' traditional wigs and gowns are not usually worn - on Wednesday.

He assumed she was a defendant because she was black. This happened 3 times within the day.
I don't know why she's complaining, places I went to, it was,
"Who the f*ck are you"

Latest Threads