Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone who uses the term 'BAME' is about to be summarily cancelled, by the way; it's racist.
You bad buggers.
Simple, the word BAME has entered the lexicon and is being used to describe, not shock! Time therefore to drop BAME and find another acronym to shout out victimhood. It is how they work and will continue just as long as the media play along.

I am just surprised that we don't have Black, Latin, African, Minority Ethnics yet!

ste14w

War Hero
I got into a bit of a spat in a newspaper column's 'comments' section today for trying to make nice and call them all 'the POCs'. I may have overdone the number of times I did it, but was just emphasising the point, which was that all of the acronym'd-up grievance groups should simply rename themselves 'The Victims', which would be so much simpler. After all, they're all victims of white, heterosexual, sometimes dead but always evil, evil men.
That's a fantastic idea, but 'The Victims' would only confuse Scousers, as we have the monopoly on that ;)

Simple, the word BAME has entered the lexicon and is being used to describe, not shock! Time therefore to drop BAME and find another acronym to shout out victimhood. It is how they work and will continue just as long as the media play along.

I am just surprised that we don't have Black,Latin, African, Minority Ethnics yet!

Nice wan.

Another load of bollocks, a truly desperate rewriting of history.

Includes such gems as this black Roman emperor of Britain..

Septimius_Severus-ft-1024x684.jpg

View attachment 514664
It is insidious. We can see this stuff for what it is, but children may not be sceptical.
At work, there is an online seminar next week: 'Imagine your day at work if you were black'. It'd be the same, which is surely the point.
As least BLM appears to have made a mistake by calling itself 'Black Liberation Movement'.

View attachment 514664

They'll be commemorating Nelson as Black icon next, and that the French were defeated by a free Nelson campaign at the battle of Trafalgar

PFGEN

GCM

View attachment 514664

Site includes a kit to allow one to design their own diversity coin and submit the design to the Royal Mint. I'm not sure my designs would make the cut. However they have chosen a design from one kid which I think is pretty good. None of the woke rubbish just a crown with four emblems of the UK. Well done that lad.

They'll be commemorating Nelson as Black icon next, and that the French were defeated by a free Nelson campaign at the battle of Trafalgar
Horatio Nelson - he was named 'Nelson' in anticipatory honour of the great Saint Nelson of Mandela: the man who invented Rugby Football and freed Africa making it the thriving, happy, continent it is today. Little wonder that hardly any Africans want to gtfo.

Mattb

LE
Lewis Hamilton upset that ex driver Vitaly Petrov has been named a Driver Steward for this weekends Grand Prix in Portugal. Vitaly has had the audacity to criticise Black Lives Matter and voice an opinion that Lewis does not approve of on LGBT issues, therefore he should not be allowed anywhere near the sport according to Hamilton. Lewis was happy to stick a clip up on social media a few years back criticising his nephew for wearing a princess dress. But he's woke royalty now so obviously that doesn't matter. Nice to see the FIA sticking to their guns though and saying that Vitaly stays as his personal views do not matter unless they breach the FIA's guidelines.

Did you actually read the article? Someone put Petrov's comments to Hamilton during a press conference and he responded that he was surprised that the FIA picked him given those comments, but that it wasn't really his problem and that if the person asking the question had a problem then they should take it up with the FIA themselves.

Silksheen

Swinger
Did you actually read the article? Someone put Petrov's comments to Hamilton during a press conference and he responded that he was surprised that the FIA picked him given those comments, but that it wasn't really his problem and that if the person asking the question had a problem then they should take it up with the FIA themselves.

Yes, I did read it. Here are Lewis's comments in full from the aforementioned article when asked about Petrov being a steward. You seemed to have missed most of them because he had plently more to say than the bold bit you refer to. And I stand by my assertion that his comments below amount to him taking issue with Petrov being a Steward.

"I've not seen all the quotes, obviously you've just recited some of them," replied Hamilton, a powerful voice in calling for equality and diversity.

"So yes, of course, that is I would say a surprise to see that they would be hiring someone that has those beliefs and is so vocal about things that we're trying to fight against.

"So you should take it up with them really, it's nothing I can particularly do anything about it. But we should definitely be including people here who are with the times, who are understanding of the times that we are living in and sensitive to the matters that are surrounding us.

"So I don't really quite understand what their goal is or why particularly he's here because it's not that they don't have any other good options."

Dredd

LE
Oppression from white male cisgendered hetrosexual non marxists

Well in that case - I wholeheartedly liberate them. In perpetuity.

Who is with me?

Cripes, that was easy. Phew - for a moment there I thought it was going to be a struggle or something.

On our website in my branch of the CS, as part of Black History Month was the tale of a POC and how she was discriminated against.

She tells how in many meetings she would be the only POC present and as a result felt that she wouldn’t be promoted. After a few failed attempts, she approached someone with more experience and got coaching to help in the process. She gained some more experience in the job and eventually got a promotion.

The obvious conclusions should have been:
If there is a meeting and there is less than say 9 people there, with you in it then as a POC you are being adequately represented as a minority.

You didn’t get the promotion until you realised that there were problems with how you applied and that you lacked experience - once these were addressed then you got the promotion.

As an aside - apart from my line manager all my CoC in the CS are women. Women are over represented in the SMT (on a board in the office there is a ‘rep’ for everything - every single person is female). Despite that when things need to ‘get done’ it tends to be the blokes who step up to do it (apart from my amazing office boss - she is an absolute gem and would have made an exceptional RSM with brilliant organisational skills).

There are mentoring programs for just about everyone, except of course white, straight, men - one of my seniors (one of the blokes who ‘does things’) was recently promoted told me that if I need mentoring for promotion then to get in touch and he would help out. He hinted that he doubted I would get any officially. I would pretend to be bisexual as I know they would be terrified to call me on it but I am too honest to do so.

Oh and I have been to numerous meetings of 8 or 10 people where I was one of only two blokes. In a program we run to assist people into the CS I was the only bloke in a team of 6 - and the 5 women looked like they were trying to tick every diversity box possible. I felt that I was there as the ‘token’.

I am tempted to run a satirical article for that website for the next International Mens Day, but I doubt they would get the joke.

Who do I complain to?

One of my lady colleagues was a bit miffed that at 35 years of age she’d received an invite to a Menopause in Work symposium. I pointed out that as a 55 year old bloke is received the same invite. Go figure...’cos we couldn’t.

Latest Threads